Please I need your idea!

Catherineli

Hello Everyone, I can't find the column about jobs. So I have to come here to get help for ideas. Now I have two choices as far as my job is concerned.

(1) I have different schools to choose for a Chinese teaching position.

(2) I can be a school counselor as a social worker.

I can't make a decision which position to choose. To teach Chinese or to counsel the kids? I know if I don't have clients, I don't make money as a counselor. However, I do have some interpersonal skills to attract school children. On the other hand, if I teach Chinese, I don't like to raise my voice. As a lifelong teacher, I can't afford to speak loudly any more to some noisy rebellious kids. American students don't respect the teacher so much as Chinese students do.

Please, I need more ideas! I appreciate all thoughts for me! thank you very much in advance!

Hello Everyone, I can't find the column about jobs. So I have to come here to get help for ideas. Now I have two choices as far as my job is concerned.

I can't make a decision which position to choose. To teach Chinese or to counsel the kids? I know if I don't have clients, I don't make money as a counselor. However, I do have some interpersonal skills to attract school children. On the other hand, if I teach Chinese, I don't like to raise my voice. As a lifelong teacher, I can't afford to speak loudly any more to some noisy rebellious kids. American students don't respect the teacher so much as Chinese students do.

Please, I need more ideas! I appreciate all thoughts for me! thank you very much in advance!

Jeepers YaJie, tough choice and I would be crazy to suggest which path would be best for you.

A few thoughts:

Is your English good enough to counsel others where they can understand you perfectly?

You could possibly consider teaching primary or middle school students who have not yet developed a teenage attitude. :)

Just follow your heart, as you have done so far in your life.

It is not clear whether you have narrowed this down to these two choices but one thing my wife has had some success is telephone interpreting. You need to be strong in both Chinese and English. You are mostly doing interpreting for medical and financial companies. Eventually, this is something you can do from home.

I think I'll do both. I'll let you guys know later. I won't do the telephone translating. I need social environment and full time job from the government. I'm having a full time job at Tulsa Public schools but it's a stepping stone.

Happy Halloween! Have a laughing weekend!