What happens if medical exam results not available for day of intervie

I have a medical exam question I'd like to add to this thread.

My spouse finished her medical examination in Shanghai on April 22, and will go back next week to pick up her results. Her interview at the US Consulate in Guangzhou is scheduled in May.

The Chinese staff at the Shanghai hospital told her that her exam results are only good for 6 months, therefore she must enter the USA within 6 months.

I assumed the 6 month expiration meant she must complete her interview in Guangzhou within 6 months, and upon that success, we'd get a 1 year deadline to enter the USA.

Can anyone clarify this?

My spouse finished her medical examination in Shanghai on April 22, and will go back next week to pick up her results. Her interview at the US Consulate in Guangzhou is scheduled in May.

The Chinese staff at the Shanghai hospital told her that her exam results are only good for 6 months, therefore she must enter the USA within 6 months.

I assumed the 6 month expiration meant she must complete her interview in Guangzhou within 6 months, and upon that success, we'd get a 1 year deadline to enter the USA.

Can anyone clarify this?

The Visa expiration date is set for six months after the medical.The hospital staff was correct.

Can anyone clarify this?

The Visa expiration date is set for six months after the medical.The hospital staff was correct.

Ok, so we have a 6 month window to enter the US after the medical exam.

My understanding is any port of entry for our international flight is ok, and the confirmation of her IR1 visa happens at the airport. Later, the green card arrives in the mail.

We're thinking of finding the cheapest, quickest flight to the US to handle this part. Just a short stay, and then back to China so we can finish our job contracts. We won't be ready to relocate to the US within 6 months. Within 12 months is probably more likely for the relocation.

So, if it happens at the airport and any international airport is ok, then we have lots of options.

Can anyone clarify this?

Ok, so we have a 6 month window to enter the US after the medical exam.

My understanding is any port of entry for our international flight is ok, and the confirmation of her IR1 visa happens at the airport. Later, the green card arrives in the mail.

We're thinking of finding the cheapest, quickest flight to the US to handle this part. Just a short stay, and then back to China so we can finish our job contracts. We won't be ready to relocate to the US within 6 months. Within 12 months is probably more likely for the relocation.

So, if it happens at the airport and any international airport is ok, then we have lots of options.

Any USA Point of Entry will do. A US territory like Guam may or may not work - I've heard of it going both ways (either US POE at Guam, or at the next POE in a US state). If I remember correctly on my trip in 2011, I was processed by customs in Guam, and then again in San Francisco.