B2 visa for parents before I go to the US

Hi everyone, I know my question may be a bit similar to multiple threads posted before, but my situation is slightly different.

I just got my CR-1 visa and am still in China, my husband is in the US at the moment. I am planning to go to the US next month.

I would like to help my parents to get B2 visas so they can visit me during the coming Chinese new year. My question is:

Is it a good idea to submit the B2 applications for my parents before I go to the US and got the physical green card? I want to do it before I leave China because I think the whole US visa process is too complicated for them.

Thanks!

Hi everyone, I know my question may be a bit similar to multiple threads posted before, but my situation is slightly different.

I just got my CR-1 visa and am still in China, my husband is in the US at the moment. I am planning to go to the US next month.

I would like to help my parents to get B2 visas so they can visit me during the coming Chinese new year. My question is:

Is it a good idea to submit the B2 applications for my parents before I go to the US and got the physical green card? I want to do it before I leave China because I think the whole US visa process is too complicated for them.

Thanks!

You may wish to take a look at the process, and have it all ready to go. The DS-160 visa application can be submitted from the U.S. An invitation letter from both your husband and you as a green card holder may carry more weight, if you schedule the interview for after your arrival in the states.

I don't think there's anything in the application itself that would depend on your green card, but take a look and decide for yourself.

• Like 1

Thanks!

You may wish to take a look at the process, and have it all ready to go. The DS-160 visa application can be submitted from the U.S. An invitation letter from both your husband and you as a green card holder may carry more weight, if you schedule the interview for after your arrival in the states.

I don't think there's anything in the application itself that would depend on your green card, but take a look and decide for yourself.

Thanks for the reply! I will do some more research on this issue.