Great News so Far! (Update) And what to do after NOA2 (Help?)

Also check out the holiday schedule. You are riunning into mid-autumn festival "September 27" and national holiday, basically 1st week of October. Still, your appt is during the Nat holiday, but the med exam office you choose may not be as accommodating. So, if she could get the Ned exam out of the way that could lessen the complication during these holidays.

I think everytime I try to get something done in China there is some kind of holiday holding me up...haha.

the offices are closed September 26-28 and I think again October 1-5. *sigh*

Hey there..... I have read here that she must have the medical packet in-hand at the interview.

But I've also read that if folks come in early, they can get their results for their interview the next day.\

This last part is hearsay, though... please get other responses.

Does anyone know off of the top of their head, do the health exam results have to be back before the interview? She's telling me the results take 3 days.

Most medical centers will expedite the results for an added fee.

In my wife's case her interview was the Monday after Spring Festival, the medical center was closed that week and opened the Sunday before her interview, we were at the med center when it opened and paid an additional fee to get results same day.

Does anyone know off of the top of their head, do the health exam results have to be back before the interview? She's telling me the results take 3 days.

She won't be turned away from the interview if she doesn't have the medical results, but the visa can't be issued until it's turned in (she'll be pink-slipped for it, or whatever color they're using that day).

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.oceanofweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Success-Kid-e1356573296522.jpg

A few simple questions and she was approved. It wasn't bad at all. We had went over much more complicated questions (planning for the worst) and it came down to a few "small talk" type questions. Now to get the visa in hand, some plane tickets, an I-94, a SSN, a marriage certificate, get her on my insurance, find a doctor, have the baby, buy a house.....

This should be fun.

:happydance:

Edited by JCallaway82 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I take it you were able to get the medical exam results in time for the interview? Or is that still in the works?

Congratulations!

gallery_1846_733_3147.gif

Congratulations !!

gallery_1846_733_128695.gif

Thanks fellas. I'm pretty much over the moon.

Yeah, I had her go to Guangzhou a week early and get all of the medicals done first. She basically hung out a week at her sister's place until her interview. (We were hoping to catch an earlier interview spot.)

Then she was straight back to Henan after the interview (I don't think she loved the heat and humidity in GuangZhou. I told her, "Just wait until you get to Texas. hahah"

• Like 1