Great News so Far! (Update) And what to do after NOA2 (Help?)

Thanks for the info!

Well, I think you're quite a ways ahead of me. From what I've read, the CR-1 takes longer than the K1 process....the NVC times I've read from VJ are about 3-4 months. Yikes...

So with your case showing "Ready" already, the NVC process is done and the packages are on the way to Guangzhou. I'm still waiting for my NOA-2 letter to show up in the mailbox!... LOL..

I'm hoping that my honey can be here by Christmas...I have faith that yours will be!

We're both green, but I think that's wearing off as we go, and the folks here are great! Thanks for the links, too, I'll do some searching on those sites as well.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hang tough, my friend!

I'm still calling the NVC every few days to try and get a case number.....

They say that they got the paperwork from the USCIS on August 26th, so I shouldn't be so impatient...but you know how that goes!

It's kinda maddening that they have the receipt of the paperwork in their computers but don't have a case number yet....But that's the Gumment.

:nonono:

I got my fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

We are to the interview stage now. Trying to get an interview scheduled....waiting as patiently as possible. *Chews fingernails to the bone.*

Just remember: EVERYBODY gets an interview appointment.

It's a shock when you go there and there aren't any. But, one will show up for you. Trust me, it will feel like it's moving fast finally. Hope you've sent her the financial support form w/accompanying docs.

Greg

• Like 1

We are to the interview stage now. Trying to get an interview scheduled....waiting as patiently as possible. *Chews fingernails to the bone.*

Just remember: EVERYBODY gets an interview appointment.

It's a shock when you go there and there aren't any. But, one will show up for you. Trust me, it will feel like it's moving fast finally. Hope you've sent her the financial support form w/accompanying docs.

Greg

Greg,

I've pretty much been following everything you've told me to a T. A million thanks as always.

It has been working out and we have been given an interview date of October 13th, I just heard today. So that's pretty awesome!

However, with LiLi's due date of December 1st...I don't think we're going to make it, as by the time she has a visa in hand and is ready to get on a plane...she'll probably be too far along to fly...

I've been pretty bummed about that all day.

But what can you do. It looks like the child might be born in China. I'm not ever sure what other processes I'll have to do for that extra complication....

So a bittersweet day for me. :)

It has been working out and we have been given an interview date of October 13th, I just heard today. So that's pretty awesome!

However, with LiLi's due date of December 1st...I don't think we're going to make it, as by the time she has a visa in hand and is ready to get on a plane...she'll probably be too far along to fly...

I've been pretty bummed about that all day.

If you / your wife are ready for the interview, be sure to periodically check back on the CGI website - you can always secure an earlier interview date! Tell her to go do the medical ASAP and prepare other things just in case you can get an earlier date! My wife and I originally got one on Oct 6th or something, but eventually switched to today, Sept 15th.

The CGI website shows the earliest appointment right now is the 19th of Oct, but I bet some September dates will open up again. Yesterday I saw availability for the 21st (next Monday). So, these opportunities exist, just gotta look out for them as other people cancel and/or switch dates.

• Like 1

As he said, earlier dates open all the time. Gotta be nimble!

I'm still holding out hope you can do this and fly here!

P.S. Just want to add that nobody knows your due date except you two and the doctor. So ..... I think I read once that giving birth while flying over a country is the same as giving birth in that country .. so be careful what route you choose!

Edited by Greg.D. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I've been able to jump from October 13th to October 6th. So that is a week better...I hope I get lucky enough to find something in September...

Although all this appointment switching is probably driving LiLi mad trying to find a train ticket and get to the health examination....

So, with her cooperation, I'm sending her to Guangzhou early. She can knock out her health exam and then if an early appointment pops up I can book it and she's already in the city.

It's a gamble, but she agrees it's a good idea. *fingers crossed*

Edited by JCallaway82 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Since she has the appointment she can do the health exam now - true; going there early? Well, I guess you can't go wrong!

Anyway, this is good news! My fiance says that you stand for the interview with a somewhat high counter between you and the interviewer. If she could hop up and down to show off her condition, maybe that will help!

Greg

• Like 1

Moved up a week...very cool!

You must be really excited!

Got my fingers crossed for you also! :)

I think that's a good idea to go in early for the medical.... I'm going to discuss that with Yifang as well. That way, it will be out of the way at interview time...one less thing to worry about.

• Like 1

Also check out the holiday schedule. You are riunning into mid-autumn festival "September 27" and national holiday, basically 1st week of October. Still, your appt is during the Nat holiday, but the med exam office you choose may not be as accommodating. So, if she could get the Ned exam out of the way that could lessen the complication during these holidays.