Great News so Far! (Update) And what to do after NOA2 (Help?)

Hello all!

I think things are progressing well for me so far. I just hope that I can get through this thing without too make missteps!

-I mailed my I-129f packet off June 13th.

-They received it June 15th.

-I received the NOA1 shortly after. Marked June 17th.

-Case Marked as approved July 15th. I received the NOA2 a few days later. (July 17th or so)

So these first steps seem to have gone well. Now I'm in a bit of a scramble to get all the documents I need to her in China before her interview. I know she still has a few packets and things to handle first.

However, I just wanted to ask what is truly necessary.

I've read some advice on other forums on what to do after a NOA2 is received, and some seems excessive. (However, I'm definitely willing to go to whatever lengths needed.)

I've read that people basically suggest sending another copy of their K1 packet to the beneficiary. All the pictures, chat logs, letters,g325..I-129f...everything!

This along with the financial documents. (Which people also seem to contradict each other on. Some people just send the tax transcripts and I-134 affidavit of support....others send statements, w-2's....proof of employment letters...proof of bank account letters from their bank.)

I'm certain more is better than less...but this can get pretty immense pretty fast.

I'm also really unsure what I should send when it comes to financial documents. I'm certain I make enough each year, but my checking and savings aren't exactly overflowing coffers at the moment. I'm slowly building savings now. I'm worried that they want to see fat bank accounts or something.

The advice here has been really great and I attribute the luck I've had so far to the preparation this place has helped me with!

Thanks again everyone who has helped. It truly means a lot to me.

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):
1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one). Your fiance(e) should review this information in advance of the interview (the embassy will have copies of this as well). 2. Send copies of the documentary proof that you submitted with the I-129F for your fiance(e) to have on hand for their interview at the embassy. Your fiance(e) should review this information in advance of the interview (the embassy will have copies of this as well). 3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F). 4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is signed, with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all. 5. You will need several items (for the above form). Gather duplicate evidence of income and resources as appropriate:

(A) Statement from an officer of the bank/financial institution with your deposits, identifying the following: 1. date account opened; 2. total amount deposited for the past year; 3. present balance
(B) Statement(s) from your employer on business stationary showing: 1. Date and nature of employment; 2. salary paid; 3. whether position is temporary or permanent (also include copies of your last two pay stubs and your previous W-2 for the associated employer if available)
(C ) If Self Employed: 1. Copy of last income tax return filed (or IRS transcripts); or 2. report of commercial rating concern
(D) List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s).

Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. See this FAQ for more tips and useful information on the Affidavit of Support Form. 6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail. (backup information; the embassy will have copies of this as well) 7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, online chat logs (pick several over the prior few months), etc.. from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 until date-now).

Examples: Copies of land line and cell phone bills, appropriate emails and letters you have sent including the stamps on envelopes (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

This is what I was planning to follow....

:sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets:

The picture you present to the Consulate is up to you - whether it's a "mountain of evidence", or a "pretty picture of a loving relationship" can make a difference. Take a look at what you're submitting and try to see it in the eyes of whoever might look at it.

Yes, it's important that your fiance be aware of what was submitted. If anything is missing or difficult for the officer to find, having copies there with her MAY come in handy. No, it's NOT important whether you submit tax transcripts or copies of the return with ALL forms included.

Mantras are repeated so often on these sites that they can seem like gospel. YOU are responsible for your own case. We cannot look over your shoulder to see what's best.

• Like 1

Getting things together is important, just don't do it too early and have something expire on you/her. Check the validity dates and try to time it a couple of months prior to needing if they expire in 6 months or?

Also, hang on to that NOA2 in a secure place, you will need it (the original) many times in the future once in the USA.

Edited by MikeandRong (see edit history)
  • Like 1

So far so good.

Your app is at NVC. It might sit there a while .... so you have some time.

All the financial stuff is in support of your 134f .... she does not need them for her interview exactly, but she hands them to the person who receives her at the consulate - minutes before her interview.

The i-129f didn't exactly require all that evidence, so you did what is called "front-loading". It helps, bcause it will be reviewed prior to the interview.

You found the i-134f link at VJ, that is good. That affidavit is your job, You will send this to her - along with the NOA2 and why not a copy of the 129f.

You want certain financial doc's to be recent relative to her turning in your 134 app. A letter from your employer, most recent pay stubs, bank statement etc. That is also the logic behind another letter of your intent to marry. That is: do you still want to marry her?

You can see the VJ is a little dated: "copies of your phone and cell phone bills" - as if. We had a mess of iMessage, FaceTime, WeChat evidence and some emails and they did not look at any of it during the interview (because we included some in the 129?). But, they might. Bills would not reveal any of that communication, however.

I believe you will do an affidavit of ability and willingness to support her during AOS. So, don't send her the only copies of financial-related stuff you have. For her sake, be sure your 134 is complete and assembled in a way that it will stay intact until till the interview.

Calm down. Read the instrux, sign things you are supposed to sign before you send them, I think most people get their visa .... some people get dragged out a long time. We don't know all of the details ... did they make mistakes? For sure, some are "profiled". Don't believe you need mountains of evidence. They need definitive evidence to distinguish you from some of the sketchy visa apps they get. So, quality over quantity. A pic of you with her and her family in front of the Great Wall is indisputable. Same for both of you at Disney Land (I had Grand Canyon).

Be sure you are conferring re her obligations for the medical exam. She may be reading incorrect or questionable advice on her web sites. Be sure you know the timetable and likely time till the different things happen. Because you will need to assure her often. Do not buy any tickets until you have solid dates. Arrivng in the US and getting married does not allow her to work or go to school or re-enter the U.S. until certain other obligations are met. So, get a sense of that. (example: don't get married here on New year's day, and then immediately fly back to China to do a Chinese-side wedding. She will not be able to come back on her K1-visa). AOS might take 3 months to play out.

Sorry this went long. Good luck!

Edited by Greg.D. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks guys.

I'm definitely anally retentive when it comes to this process. I front-loaded my I-129F packet. So the idea of sending all of that stuff again is pretty harrowing. But it's worth it if it makes a difference.

Everything is going so well so far that I'm quite nervous about hitting a snag. Murphy's law and all..haha.

------------------------

I was basically told by one knowledgeable individual to send me affidavit of support and tax transcripts. And that's pretty much it...

On VJ and other websites they say to send bank statements, tax transcripts, W2s, letters from the bank...letters of employment. Just a massive amount of stuff.

---------------------

So maybe I can find a happy medium in there somewhere....

Edited by JCallaway82 (see edit history)

So far so good.

Your app is at NVC. It might sit there a while .... so you have some time.

I don't necessarily want it to be delayed and take a while. However, that does give me a little time to build a little more savings. (I'm not sure what they are looking for really... I know my income is well enough above their ridiculously low threshold, but I don't really have a lot of savings at the moment.

So I'm stressing about that the most.

Also, if I seem stressed when you read this. It's because I'm 33 and about to be a first time daddy as well.

My Fiance became pregnant on my last trip to China (March)...and that adds so much fuel to my crazy fire. I really want to be with her as soon as possible, especially with a little one coming.

• 2 weeks later...

As for the financial stuff to send. Guangzhou treats the I-134 the same way as an I-864 affidavit of support so use the same type of evidence with it as you will later use with the I-864 when adjusting status after marriage.

For the I-134 attach:

• COPIES of Recent 3 years tax transcripts OR Tax returns (1040,W2s,1099s)
  • Copies of recent 6 months pay stubs
  • An employer letter

If income is well above 125% poverty line then this is all that is needed.

• Like 1

As for the financial stuff to send. Guangzhou treats the I-134 the same way as an I-864 affidavit of support so use the same type of evidence with it as you will later use with the I-864 when adjusting status after marriage.

For the I-134 attach:

• COPIES of Recent 3 years tax transcripts OR Tax returns (1040,W2s,1099s)
  • Copies of recent 6 months pay stubs
  • An employer letter

If income is well above 125% poverty line then this is all that is needed.

Thanks! I was about to send some things. I didn't have the employer letter. I'll have to get one of those whipped up I guess.

125%? I didn't know it was that low. According to this website (http://aspe.hhs.gov/2015-poverty-guidelines) the poverty line for 2015 is

$11,770. I'm really glad, I didn't realize the bar was quite that low.

I actually just received a letter from the NVC today. So I actually have a case number, which I am excited about.

They did misspell her name on this letter on the "principal applicant" line. They wrote "LiLi Fi" instead of "LiLi Fu". But I'm hoping this won't matter much....

With my OCD I hate things like that....

Woo Hoo! One more step down! :) I'm about to head down the NVC road myself....I can see where it's a bit daunting.

But so was the I-130 process.....so one step at a time.

Can you tell me what the "Ready" means on your status? I'm reading as much info as I can.

• Like 1

Woo Hoo! One more step down! :) I'm about to head down the NVC road myself....I can see where it's a bit daunting.

But so was the I-130 process.....so one step at a time.

Can you tell me what the "Ready" means on your status? I'm reading as much info as I can.

I know, right? I think we are about neck and neck here now haha. but you submitted your packages about 6 months before me. So I will never complain about my timeline around here, I've been really lucky so far. I hope that luck holds with the baby coming in December!

I'm so green to all of this, CFL has helped me quite a bit, as well as this http://www.mrspresson.com/immigration/129f-fiancee-petition-process/nvc-ceac-status-tracker/

Once you have your GUZ number..(case number) you can punch into this tracker. https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Accoring to the website there are three possible statuses:

At NVC.

In Transit. (from NVC to GUZ/Your beneficiary's consulate)

Ready. (Case has been received at the destination and you can schedule an interview.)

However, we haven't received our P3 packet yet. SO I'm not sure we can even really think about scheduling an interview... :sweating_buckets:

• Like 1