Does Beneficiary Resume Need to be certified translated?

Hi,

I filed Stateside with NVC, not DCF.

I am going through the GUZ checklist and noticed that my wife (beneficiary) will have to provide a resume both in Chinese and English.

Do I really have to get a translation service to translate the resume into english? I am quite capable of translating the resume my self...

Thanks

Here is what USCIS has for "certified translation"

Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________
Date Typed Name
Address

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

Yes, you should be able to do the translation, if you know someone conversant in English and Chinese, you could have them read and compare translation, and have the third party certify your translation.

Or have the beneficiary bring it to the notary office and have then do a translation, they should make a white book out of it that the consulate is familiar with,

I have yet to see someone post about the consulate rejecting a resume that has been simply translated and certified in the manor I indicated.

Hi,

I can't a third party stateside, and may not have enough time to find a notorary at this point (I think whitebooks are only for government documents anyway).

So your saying (and I apologize for being redundant) that as long as I attach the statement you mentioned earlier from the USCIS website, the consulate would accept this?

Anyone have any stories regarding the resume translations?

All I did at the CR-1 app to GUZ was loosely translated the resume in a side-by-side format. The consulate didn't make any fuss. Notorization is used when a witness is needed to authenticate the documents and verify the white books are an exact copy of the documents. Resume is just private information that based on the applicant's personal life.

Edited by jonathantwu (see edit history)

..... Resume is just private information that based on the applicant's personal life.

Right, the opportunity for fraud would be in creating the original resume. A notarized translation of that would not make it less or more truthful.

But, then, that's just being logical! That's usually the right way, though.