IRS Transcript unavailble GUZ wants updated transcripts for interview

HI to all,

I received correspondence from GUZ this past April (2015) that I could schedule an appointment for my wife. I filed with NVC stateside, not DCF

In that letter, GUZ mentioned that I would have to bring updated financial records (2014) for myself and joint sponsor. I was able to obtain IRS tax transcripts for my joint sponser.

HOWEVER, When I tried to get my transcript by mail, the IRS website told me that my 2014 transcript was unavailable. I contacted the IRS and they told me just to wait and check back in a couple of days. Today is July 11 and still have this issue.

My wife's appointment with GUZ for interview is July 29th.

I have a photocopy of my 2014 tax return along with the 1099. I have a copy of the check I sent with the tax form along with an account record from my bank that the IRS cashed this check. I have USPS tracking receipt as well.

QUESTIONS: Will GUZ accept the above tax information instead of an IRS tax transcript at my wife's interview?

Should I contact GUZ ahead of time? What should I do? Does GUZ take into consideration situations like these?

You can see how this is nerveracking because I did file a return that the IRS system doesn't have (they clearly cashed the check though lol).

Thanks

The I-864 instructions state a copy of current return is a acceptable and transcripts are optional.

Return = 1040 + 1099 and/or W2

Currently transcripts can be acquired by phone, and if have access to a fax they will fax them to you.

"Financial documents " means if you used assets on the I-864 you need to provide documents of those assets.

They have had the security issues with transcripts, so that may be difficult for now.

I think we over-emphasize the advantage of transcripts, which have the exact same information as is on the return.

If you have a copy of your return along with the W-2's and any other IRS document submitted with the return, there is no need to bother with the transcripts. No, you DO NOT need to prove that you paid your taxes - they simply want to know what is on your return. Submit what you have.

Hello!

Thanks for your reply! I would hope that GUZ takes into consideration the IRS's recent security issues and how that affects accessing transcripts. LOL

Last Question: I originally filed an I-864 with the NVC which should have been sent to GUZ.

Does GUZ want new I-864's along with the current tax records?

Thanks again!

If you did Electronic process at NVC the I-864 and copies of financial documents should be brought to interview, if you sent this to NVC before tax deadline, yes they usually want the most recent return added if you did not provide it to NVC

Hello!

Thanks for your reply! I would hope that GUZ takes into consideration the IRS's recent security issues and how that affects accessing transcripts. LOL

Last Question: I originally filed an I-864 with the NVC which should have been sent to GUZ.

Does GUZ want new I-864's along with the current tax records?

Thanks again!

The issues with transcripts would seem to have no bearing on your case whatsoever, since you have copies of the returns. YOU are responsible for furnishing these.

Hi,

I understand the tax record situation.

I have an I-864 question:

I orginally filed an I-864 (myself and joint sponsor) with NVC via mail (not electronic). Those original I-864's should have been sent to GUZ via NVC

Does GUZ want brand new updated I-864's as well?

As always thank you for providing clarity to the situation.

Hi,

I understand the tax record situation.

I have an I-864 question:

I orginally filed an I-864 (myself and joint sponsor) with NVC via mail (not electronic). Those original I-864's should have been sent to GUZ via NVC

Does GUZ want brand new updated I-864's as well?

As always thank you for providing clarity to the situation.

yes - they will most likely expect an updated I-864 to include the 2014 tax year

For the record, since this thread is about acquiring the U.S. tax return, I received my 3 returns today, July 14, 2015. I mailed my request with check on April 3, 2015. So, more than 3 months passed. Good thing I also used the click for transcripts option which were mailed and received very fast (in the midst of the security incident) and I did include them with my i-134. And, we interviewed in Guangzhou a week ago.

I guess I will keep these expensive ones for the AOS later.

For the record, since this thread is about acquiring the U.S. tax return, I received my 3 returns today, July 14, 2015. I mailed my request with check on April 3, 2015. So, more than 3 months passed. Good thing I also used the click for transcripts option which were mailed and received very fast (in the midst of the security incident) and I did include them with my i-134. And, we interviewed in Guangzhou a week ago.

I guess I will keep these expensive ones for the AOS later.

I must have missed the news Greg. How did the interview go? Well, I hope.

I must have missed the news Greg. How did the interview go? Well, I hope.

Thanks. Yes, they liked her so much they are doing a background check on her!

I am sorry, I owe a more complete summary than that and I will put one in the interviews forum within a few days.

Yes, eazy-peazy here's your white paper answer these questions about CCP - which was actually the outcome we were hoping for, as opposed to a blue paper. Gives us time to do our China-side wedding party and then come back here for a USA legal wedding.