No Smoking!

on the Shanghaiist Facebook page . . . https://www.facebook.com/shanghaiist/photos/pcb.10153377933256030/10153377907661030/?type=1&theater

11393182_10153377907661030_8425802454728

SIGN OF THE TIMES? Huge no-smoking banners hung at the Beijing National Stadium ahead of the World No Tobacco Day which is observed around the world every year on May 31.

The capital has imposed tough new bans on smoking in indoor public places, workplaces and on public transport facilities.

The new rules will apply to schools, hotels and tourist sites around Beijing such as the Great Wall and the Forbidden City.

Beijing Capital Airport's 14 indoor smoking rooms have also been shut down as of today. Passengers that need to smoke will now have to go to one of the 17 outdoor smoking zones outside the terminal buildings.

Way to go Beijing. Time to join the 21 century. After just watching my mothers last week or two from 50 years of smoking end. Guys it ain't purdy. Take it from me. I know it won't happen to me right. That is what she said for 30 years too. One of the last things that she told me was "I wish I had never seen a cigarette". If your wife don't smoke think about her. If you have children think about them it you don't care for yourself.

It is not my intentions of angering anyone but to get you to think. I know that you love them but you gotta know in your heart that they just ain't good for you so if they are not good for you they gotta be bad. Nothing is neutral.

• Like 1

One of the first steps the US did was place warning labels on cigarettes, then we banned cigarette advertising, then made designated smoking areas in restuarants, then out and out banned smoking in public places and work places. Most work places (Boeing, all major defense contractors and businesses) not only ban smoking in the work place, but ban smoking anywhere on company premises.

Smoking is a major health crises in China and hanging no-smoking banners is a big step in attempting to change the cigarette culture there.

Like it or not, smoking is no longer acceptable in most US social circles.

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)