It's Snow Beer!

. . . although I prefer the local beers - Liquan, Yanjing, Harbin, and Hainan. Tsingtao is ALWAYS my LAST choice (only if they don't have anything else). My FAVORITE for a special treat (usually with my steak) is the Monchshoff dark beer from Germany.

Snow Beer: The Best Selling Beer in the World You've Never Heard Of

content_Snow_1_(Peyton)snow_beer.jpg

Generic Beer Topic - click here for most Recent post

an older beer topic - Top 10 Selling Beers in the World

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Wow! Wouldn't have guessed that. Here in Beijing it is mostly local Yanjing that we drink: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing_Yanjing_Brewery

Beyond that there is still lots and lots of Tsingtao. Snow is still widely drank as well, and over the past couple years, it seems like Harbin has been making lots of strides to become more prevalent.

• 3 years later...

. . . with a little bit of a Bud chaser

This content is copyright protected

However, if you would like to share the information in this article, you may use the headline, summary and link below:

China now drinks more Budweiser than the US

16-Aug-2018 By Beth Newhart

Domestic beer consumption in the US has fallen over the last two decades while China’s interest in American beer has spiked. Budweiser sales finally flipped in China’s favor in the first half of 2018 and the trend is expected to continue.

HTTPS://WWW.BEVERAGEDAILY.COM/ARTICLE/2018/08/16/CHINA-NOW-DRINKS-MORE-BUDWEISER-THAN-THE-US

China-now-drinks-more-Budweiser-than-the

• 1 year later...

The Qingdao Beer Festival is still on!

from Goldthread

Holly Chik
AUG 05, 2020
  • The Qingdao Beer Festival is billed as ‘Asia’s Oktoberfest’ and takes place in the home of Tsingtao beer.

000_1w92eq.jpg?itok=Du8lxOA7

Revelers drink at the Qingdao Beer Festival in China on Saturday. / Photo: AFP

This year, though, visitors will have to present certification showing they are virus-free, wear a mask, and observe social distancing rules.
In addition, the festival, which is running from July 31 to August 23, is operating at half capacity.
But footage on the event’s social media account and released by state broadcaster CCTV showed unmasked visitors close together on the opening day on Friday.

last Year's coverage - http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/49227-those-chinese-videos/?p=642688

Liquan beer commercial - in CFL topic

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Seeing this makes me (oddly) miss Chinese beers. I know they catch a lot of flack but I actually like how weak and gassy they are - I could drink all day, never feel anything more than a slight buzz, and still feel great the next day. They are especially easy to drink in the sweltering summer temps in Southern China. In the US the lowest you'll find is about 4.5%-ish ABV. Even the Tsingtao they sell here is different - it's some fancier import version that costs 8RMB a small bottle in Guangzhou (vs 5RMB for the huge bottle of the normal Tsingtao). 

In the US, higher ABV for whatever reason seems to rule. I can't believe how many 8-10% ABV beers I saw last time I went to our local liquor store.

Yes - they make a nice adult Kool-Aid to go with dinner. I'll usually have a Chinese local beer with dinner, and save my Monchshoff for a steak dinner at home.

But Tsingdao is my absolute LAST choice - even after the American beers. If all they serve is Tsingdao or Budweiser, I'll go with a non-alcoholic beverage.

• 6 months later...

The 31st #QingdaoInternationalBeerFestival, one of the largest beer festivals in #China, opened on Friday evening in the coastal city of Qingdao, East China's Shandong province.
The 24-day carnival has gathered more than 1,600 beers from over 40 countries and regions, according to the tourism commission of the Xihai'an (West Coast) New Area, where the festival is taking place.
There will be over 400 activities covering international exchanges, economic and trade exhibitions, fashion shows, parades and performances during the festival. Nine tents and 32 cabins have been set up to provide beer and food for visitors, according to the organizer.

from China Pictorial on Facebook 
https://www.facebook.com/553929144732479/posts/3963530557105637/

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Why is China’s Beer So Different? - Drink China (E4)

Chinese people love beer so much their country consumes the most amount of beer in the world. Unlike brews the West produces, Chinese beers are much lighter and have a lower alcohol content. In this episode of Drink China, we find out how beer is made in China, and how new kids on the block are bringing the craft beer culture to the country.

0:00 Introduction
1:00 How China enjoys beer
1:44 Meet a master brewer
2:39 Beer’s basic building blocks
3:43 Visiting a craft brewery in Beijing
5:29 Using local ingredients to make beer

This is the fourth episode of our Drink China series. If you liked this video, check out some other episodes:

Is Snake Wine Okay to Drink? And Other TCM Alcoholic Cures - Drink China (E3) https://youtu.be/dGr2oqWTAhM
This 300 Year-old Rice Wine Brewery Makes 2 Million Bottles a Day - Drink China (E1) https://youtu.be/KOgWNxfrnKs