Back in the loop...

Hi there,

Well I made it back from China without much of a hitch. We had a great time together and of course the departure was not joyous partly because of our inability to contact GZ by phone and check our P4/interview status.

However... upon landing in SFO I called DoS. I requested the status of our case. After going through the standard mis-information (this time she said the P4 was received by GZ, of course we have never even got the P4 yet) by the relatively nice Indian sounding woman I was then informed.... ohh yes, I see she has been scheduled for the interview April 15th!! Then later that same day I called Mei to tell her the news and she had received the P4!!!

So all looks good. But Mei did mention a concern about the daughters' needed paperwork. The daughter is about to turn 17. She has the passport, etc. But Mei was concerned about something regarding the school papers. She could not quite understand it and is in the process of generating an email for me. Her english is rather weak and as we all know the GZ paperwork can be misleading or totaly incorect (like regarding Patrick and his step-son's passport issue).

So, does anybody have any direct experience regarding the K-1 child (K-2) visa requirements with school records or other paperwork needed and never mentioned before the P-4?

update- It seems the concern is not school records. It seems the concern is that GZ mentions not to quit work or school before actualy getting the visa. If the visa is denied or delayed it could be problomatic.

Welcome back and welcome to the P-4 club.  There have been a few of us given interview dates for April in the last couple days.  Bings is April 13.

Good luck

Hey, thanks and Congrats!! I saw your post and am just getting back on the board now that I am back into the USA. Has Bing decided which hospital to use? How long is she expecting the medical results will take? Hope all goes well, If Bing is in GZ early for the medical maybe the girls can meet up. I will not able to be there.

Louis

Hi there,

Well I made it back from China without much of a hitch. We had a great time together and of course the departure was not joyous partly because of our inability to contact GZ by phone and check our P4/interview status.

However... upon landing in SFO I called DoS. I requested the status of our case. After going through the standard mis-information (this time she said the P4 was received by GZ, of course we have never even got the P4 yet) by the relatively nice Indian sounding woman I was then informed.... ohh yes, I see she has been scheduled for the interview April 15th!! Then later that same day I called Mei to tell her the news and she had received the P4!!!

So all looks good. But Mei did mention a concern about the daughters' needed paperwork. The daughter is about to turn 17. She has the passport, etc. But Mei was concerned about something regarding the school papers. She could not quite understand it and is in the process of generating an email for me. Her english is rather weak and as we all know the GZ paperwork can be misleading or totaly incorect (like regarding Patrick and his step-son's passport issue).

So, does anybody have any direct experience regarding the K-1 child (K-2) visa requirements with school records or other paperwork needed and never mentioned before the P-4?

update- It seems the concern is not school records. It seems the concern is that GZ mentions not to quit work or school before actualy getting the visa. If the visa is denied or delayed it could be problomatic.

Edited by natrigon - Mar 6 2004, 03:06 AM

That form is used for a number of different types of visas. I don't believe you need the school records for the visa, but they would be useful to you if you want to enroll her in school here.

jimb