. . . from Global Times Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/globaltimesnews/photos/a.123349831079259/890074381073463

Tourists take a visit on a mountain road in Huixian, Henan Province, during the Labor Day holiday, taking in the cliffs of the Taihang mountains. Traffic jams are frequent on the road. Photo: IC

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Randy, that road is not one I would be at all interested in taking for any reason. Looks like it is one way, so I wonder, how do they get down the mountain?

Especially in a Chinese bus. Those drivers are nuts. I took a bus from GZ to Nanning once. I was amazed we made it there alive.

Randy, that road is not one I would be at all interested in taking for any reason. Looks like it is one way, so I wonder, how do they get down the mountain?

Especially in a Chinese bus. Those drivers are nuts. I took a bus from GZ to Nanning once. I was amazed we made it there alive.

Believe me, Carl. I am well aware of how crazy Chinese bus drivers can be. Li and I were involved in a major bus accident way back in February, 2003, on our way to GZ to meet with the head of the visa unit about the Black Hole. I banged up my shoulder and it still causes me trouble. There was at least one fatality in that accident.

• 2 weeks later...

A similar trail in Chongqing - no vehicles on this one

Tourists take adventurous cliff walk in Chongqing

FOREIGN201505181112000429933267662.jpg

Tourists challenge themselves by following a walkway built on the edge of a cliff, about 1,000 meters above the ground, at a scenic spot in Yunyang county, Southwest China’s Chongqing municipality, May 16, 2015. The path, which is 3,200 meters long and one meter wide, includes a section made of glass that allows visitors to look straight down into the deep valley. (Photo: China News Service/Liu Xiaoyang)

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I was at such a situation by myself in 2009 at Songshan Shandong Province. Songshan was the original place for monks to practice Gongfu. In the beginning I didn't know the cliff was very high and dangerous but when I realized this was not a place for me, it'd been too late. I couldn't return. that was a scaring experience for me. there were not so many tourists when I was there. sometimes I was alone shivering forward.