GUZ consulate accept photocopies of recent tax return? (NOT DCF)

Hi to all,

I recently recevied correspondence from the Guangzhou consulate that my wife can begin scheduling an interview date through CGI stanley.

I am not DCF, I filed my paperwork stateside with NVC.

Through recent correspondence with the consulate, they said that I should "bring most recent year tax records for myself and sponsor to interview" (2014).

What they didn't specify is whether or not the most recent tax return can be a photo copy or an official IRS transcript.

According to the Instructions of the I-864, photocopies along with W2's 1099's etc. are acceptable. Does the Guangzhou consulate use the same guidelines as the I-864 instructions?

Would I have to fill out a brand new I-864 along with the new tax record?

This is important because I mailed my taxes rather than e-file, and would have to wait until the end of june to receive an official transcript. This would push back the interview date considerably.

Not to sound supersitious (actually I am lol), I wouldn't irk anybody at consulate for contacting them with these question?

I have already contacted them twice with other interelated questions, so I don't want to appear as a pest.

Thanks

Hard to bring original returns when you mailed them to the IRS, signing the I-864 is swearing that anything attached to it are the truth, photo copies should be fine. Or per the I-864 yo can use transcripts which are easily downloaded and printed from IRS.GOV.

Yes, the consulate does go by the guidelines of the I-864,if you have filed a return since sending the I-864 to NVC, then bring a transcript of copy of the return to the interview, and no need to do a new I-864.