On the website I saw Additional Information of Visa Applicant Interview : My spouse and /or children were going to follow me to the United States after I immigrate. Can they accompany me instead? -- Yes,...

I wonder what case can do that ?

If I remember correctly, you are a U.S. citizen - NOT an "immigrant". So the question is for your wife - does she have children applying for derivative visas (K-2 or K-4)?

My guess is "No".

Follow to join has to do with derivative visas.

• Spouse and children of a US citizen (K-3 spouse and K-4 for children).
  • Fiancee and fiancee's children of a US citizen (K-1 for fiancee and K-2 for children)
  • Married children of a US Citizen (This would be married son or daughter of a US Citizen, their family would get derivative visas) Priority F-3
  • Siblings of a US Citizen (This would be sister or brother of a US citizen, their family would get derivative visas) Priority F-4

Notice the US Citizen in this theme...

• Children of a green-card holder only qualify if unmarried, and do not qualify for derivative visas.
  • If unmarried child of a green-card holder gets married prior to coming to the USA they are no longer an unmarried child and using the visa can be determined to be a form of misrepresentation. As I indicated in prior post, son or daughter needs to immigrate and get a green-card, once they have the green-card they can then return to China marry, and they then file an I-130 for their spouse and wait out the process, the visa number priority for a spouse of green-card holder is not much longer than a spouse visa for a US Citizen. A greencard holder cannot file an I-129F for their fiancee.

Thanks for your clear answer. Years ago they asked for the single/unmarried certificate, and turned in all of the documents to Medical Exam. I didn't see those requirements anymore on the website. Did they change it or would be shown in the interview package?

I would get a single cert for interview, typically this would be something you scan and send to NVC along with the other documents like police cert, and birth cert. Bring all originals to the interview that were scanned and emailed to NVC.

This is listed on OF-169 http://guangzhou-ch.usembassy-china.org.cn/uploads/images/gOcMVAa5fVaijyEnYsa_Ow/IV_Instruction_packet.pdf

Is that a new one ? I mean 2015 ?

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/documents-to-submit-to-nvc.html

NVC does not specify marital status, however the consulate may request it, I would have it handy just in case.