can you help me

hello, everyone:

i am a new person to be here. i got my k-1 visa last week, but i wonder whether i can come back china freely after i marry in usa with my fiance, because i must take my master's degree at the end of semester. if the ins doesn't allow me to come back, i'll lose my degree. so do any of you have the same experience and share with me?

thank you very much.

Yoyo,

Your K1 visa is only good for a single entry into the USA.

If you are not in the USA yet, you have up to 6 months to come here.

If you are already in the USA on a K-1 visa, then you can not leave without "abandoning the process" and loosing the visa.

You can, however, get an "Advanced Parole" (AP) which will allow you to come and go as necessary. You must apply (and presumably receive) the AP before leaving the USA.

As with everything else, some processing centers are fast, some are extremely slow in granting the AP. If you have a local BCIS office, go there and ask if they can process the AP application locally, what info you need, and how long it takes.

Best of Luck & Congratulation on your Master's Degree,

Clifford

Going back to China to continue a Master degree? You will have to wait at least 1 month to get an AP..in some states maybe even longer. Without an AP you won't be able to get back to the U.S. What is the point waiting so long to be with your loved one and then seperate again? You can go to school in the U.S. too

I had understood it as Yoyo had to merely defend her Master's Thesis at the end of the semester, and then would be finished.

If the end is very near, it would be best to stay in China until the process is completed, or apply for the AP as soon as possible.

----- Clifford -----