hi everyone

i have some questions about DCF and I-130 , hope you can give me some information .

1- in addition to the translation of civil documents like marriage certifacte , birth certificate , should we provide any certified copies of them sperately ? or just normal copies are sufficient ? would you please point out which documents need to have cetified copy ?

2- at form G-325A we need to fill out applicant's residence last 5 years , i was living in china in last couple years , but i have travelled to my country couple times (while i had my valid chinese visa and kept my lease in china) ,are all travles to my country considered as residence ? or it depends on how long i have stayed there ?

3- at form G-325A , what should beneficiary and petitioner mark for "this form is submmited in connection with an application for : 1- naturalization 2- statuse as permanent resident 3- other (specify)" in their seperate G-325A?

4- how many pictures are appropriate to be included in I-130 ? i have thousands of them :)

5- our house lease is in chinese , translation office wants a very unreasonable price for translation , can we translate it by ourselves or it has to have Official traslation stamp?

thanks in advance for your time and help!

1) Ordinary photocopies should be attached to the I-130, keep the originals for later. Bring the origionals to them to look at to compare to what is attached to the petition, they should accept the copies.

2) No, travel home for short visits is not considered changing residence.

3) Status as permanent resident, because ultimately the spouse visa grants permanent residence status in the USA.

4) I included 8 or 10, taken in various places and times, some of them showed my wife's sister and mother. I printed them on ordinary paper with notes below them indicating where, when, and who is in the picture.

5) Yes, an ordinary translation is fine, have someone fluent in English and Chinese do it and simply certify it by making a notation at the bottom.

• Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.
    Signature_________________________________
    Date Typed Name
    Address
  • USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

At the discretion of the officer, original documents may still be required in individual cases. Please be advised that USCIS no longer returns original documents submitted with the exception of Certificates of Naturalization, Forms I-551, Permanent Resident Card, Forms I-94, Arrival/Departure Document, valid passports, or those specifically requested by the officer. Such documents will be returned when they are no longer needed.

Helpful information from USCIS the department you will be dealing with when turning in the petition.
http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

1) Ordinary photocopies should be attached to the I-130, keep the originals for later. Bring the origionals to them to look at to compare to what is attached to the petition, they should accept the copies.

2) No, travel home for short visits is not considered changing residence.

3) Status as permanent resident, because ultimately the spouse visa grants permanent residence status in the USA.

4) I included 8 or 10, taken in various places and times, some of them showed my wife's sister and mother. I printed them on ordinary paper with notes below them indicating where, when, and who is in the picture.

5) Yes, an ordinary translation is fine, have someone fluent in English and Chinese do it and simply certify it by making a notation at the bottom.

• Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date Typed Name

Address

• USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

At the discretion of the officer, original documents may still be required in individual cases. Please be advised that USCIS no longer returns original documents submitted with the exception of Certificates of Naturalization, Forms I-551, Permanent Resident Card, Forms I-94, Arrival/Departure Document, valid passports, or those specifically requested by the officer. Such documents will be returned when they are no longer needed.

Helpful information from USCIS the department you will be dealing with when turning in the petition.

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

thank you so much for your help

just want to double check , how long is considered as short visit ?

A short visit could be upwards of 6 months.

For example I had my mother in law stay with us for 5 months last year, her residence did not change to ours, it remained her home in China.