Chinese people are funny.

Saw something that made me laugh. We stay in a "Chinese" hotel in Rosemead when we go to get goods for our business. It's owned by Chinese people and 100% of the people staying there are Chinese unless I show up then there goes the neighborhood as they say. This hotel is no palace to stay at the beds are "Chinese style" meaning rocks aspire to someday be as hard as these mattress's, the shower heads are for people 5' 5" or less I'm serious the shower head is 5'5" from the tub floor so ya gots to bend over to wash yer hair. The reason why we stay in this hotel it is cheap and close to China errrr I mean Rosemead errr I mean China no wait it's Rosemead.

For those of you who have never been to Rosemead it is 99.95% Chinese business as far as the eye can see for 3 miles or so on Garvey one of the main streets all the signs are in Chinese with smaller English characters for round eyes like me. So it has a very back in China feel with out all the crazy taxi drivers feel to it. Great restaurants Super cheap massage parlors no not the HAPPY ENDINGS" types..... least not that I have been able to find yet... ;) only 15.00 for a hour massage. And tons of Chinese herb shops and doctors that my wife loves to go to.

But back to my original reason for posting about staying at this hotel making me laugh. As I mentioned the hotel is cheap only $93.00 including taxes for 2 nights when I stay there. So about $39.00 or so a night. Well when I stay there I am pulling a 22 foot trailer behind a Chevy Express van. so I'm pushing about 32-35 feet long for the whole shebang. I can sometimes park across 4-5 spaces and get out of peoples way. This time the lot was crowded so I had to drop the trailer. As I'm driving threw the lot I start to take notice of the cars parked in it........ Ok get this I counted 5-6 high end Honda's or Toyota's, 4 newer BMW's, 3 Mercedes, a Porsche but the KING of the lot was a new Maserati. I guess they are all staying at the low budget hotel so they can make their car payments..........

Needless to say the open spot for the trailer was next to the Maserati...... But being the ACE trailer jockey I am I got it in 1st try with 5 inches to spare on each side.... :)

So maybe we got it wrong thinking a mans home is his castle when it's his car that makes him a King!

Robert

• Like 1

Rober-toe, I would love to see a photo of your trailer 5" off of that Maserati...LOL

My son has a Chinese school friend in his first year at Penn State. Over the spring break the kid told my son he needed a place to park his car while he went to NYC. My son told him he could park it at our home. Then this kid wanted to know if we had a garage he could park it in so his car wouldn't be out in the air. Sure, we have a garage, what kind of car does this boy have? He's is driving a $200,000plus, 2015 Maserati. I told them I would pull my $10,000 Mazda Mx-5 out of the garage and only charge this kid $500 per night to park his fine Eyetalian ride in my Mazda's spot. Hmmmph, do you know the kid didn't take me up on that nice offer???

I love yore stores, amigo. And I think the only reason you aren't gettin' happy endings to yore massages is "First, they have to see the size of yore purse." You flash the cash, you'll get yore oil changed, most ricky tickee. :rotfl:

Rosemead is 10 miles or so east of downtown LA.

I think I have been there, or at least close to it. I have been to Monterey Park, which I think is in that area. They had a large Chinese area that we visited.