where does the green card get sent to?

As the title says.

The fees have been payed and was just wondering where it gets sent to?

Does the POE know or does USCIS take care of this.

Mike

Just to throw something out there until someone comes along with a REAL answer - the green card isn't issued until BOTH conditions are satisfied. That is, that the fee has been paid, AND the immigrant has actually been processed by the Immigrations Officer (USCIS) at the POE.

Apparently, you get a chance to correct the address at the POE

This from the USCIS -

After you are admitted to the United States, USCIS will automatically verify payment of the USCIS Immigrant Fee and mail your Permanent Resident Card to the address you provided to DOS at the time of your immigrant visa interview or to U.S. Customs and Border Protection at the time of your admission.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/How%20Do%20I%20Guides/F4en.pdf

As the title says.

The fees have been payed and was just wondering where it gets sent to?

Does the POE know or does USCIS take care of this.

Mike

Correction.

The online DS-260 now asks this question.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DS-260%20Exemplar.pdf

Edited by Beachey (see edit history)

Yep, I always assumed the DS-260 is the primary point where you specify where you will be living after arriving, and where the GC gets mailed to, and if a correction to that is needed, indicate this to the POE officer.

One way to clear this process up would be for USCIS to simply ask "Where to mail the GC" when you pay the fee on the ELIS system.

Yep, I always assumed the DS-260 is the primary point where you specify where you will be living after arriving, and where the GC gets mailed to, and if a correction to that is needed, indicate this to the POE officer.

One way to clear this process up would be for USCIS to simply ask "Where to mail the GC" when you pay the fee on the ELIS system.

Thanks guys

Dan you raise a good question about the ELIS giving the mail option.

I started thinking about this and went back into the ELIS site.

I noticed on the left hand side there is a link/button to VIEW PROFILE.

There if gives the option to add an address.

When i get home from work I'll add some more screen shots to the pinned topic that randy made.

Mike