using the spousal visa Q1/Q2 for DCF?

hi all

can anyone confirm any successful personal stories that the spousal visa (Q1/Q2) resident permit can be used to file a DCF in USCIS BJ?

just learning about it now - not sure if only the Q1 gives a residence permit (Q1 is for stays >=180 days) but if so, this question would only apply for Q1 then

for those who might have read my previous topic, I am currently on a Z visa/residence permit and may transfer to work in HK (work permit).

But i would still want to do a DCF for my PRC wife in Shanghai (she would stay in SH) instead of doing it stateside when we are ready to move

I am hoping that with a Q1 visa, I can both work in HK and do a PRC DCF when the time is right.

hi all

can anyone confirm any successful personal stories that the spousal visa (Q1/Q2) resident permit can be used to file a DCF in USCIS BJ?

just learning about it now - not sure if only the Q1 gives a residence permit (Q1 is for stays >=180 days) but if so, this question would only apply for Q1 then

for those who might have read my previous topic, I am currently on a Z visa/residence permit and may transfer to work in HK (work permit).

But i would still want to do a DCF for my PRC wife in Shanghai (she would stay in SH) instead of doing it stateside when we are ready to move

I am hoping that with a Q1 visa, I can both work in HK and do a PRC DCF when the time is right.

Q1 works as long as you have a residence permit. Q2 does not grant you the ability to get or turn into a residence permit. I'm almost finished and am currently on a Q1 that was turned into a residence permit.

Q1 and Z visas have only a 30 validity after entry (my Q1 says 000 days length of stay). They must be converted to a residence permit within the 30 days. The residence permit WILL allow you to file DCF.

The Q2 is more of a long term visitation visa, with periods of stay restricted to 180 days.

The Consular official who accepts your petition MAY accept other forms of proof of residing in China. The requirement is only that you RESIDE in the district.