Register a location for document pick-up

Dear all,

After completing the DS-260 online. I went through the next step to register a location for document pick-up. However, when I go to confirm the case ID, I get this error:

The Case ID that you have entered cannot be found.

Please confirm your IV Case ID to proceed with scheduling your appointment. Please ensure that you have been notified that your IV Case is ready for scheduling. If you receive an error message that your Case ID is not loaded, please be patient and try again at a later time

I made sure that the case ID is correct. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Julian

I forget how I got all of it done. I had a great deal of trouble with CGI Stanley. I know I called them about 3-4 times and the only thing they ever told me was what UID number was.

It seems I had to keep filling out all the pages with all the info. I can't remember what finally worked. Good luck. I tried to log all of this but had terrible trouble going to CFL or CFV when in China to report it all.

I forget how I got all of it done. I had a great deal of trouble with CGI Stanley. I know I called them about 3-4 times and the only thing they ever told me was what UID number was.

It seems I had to keep filling out all the pages with all the info. I can't remember what finally worked. Good luck. I tried to log all of this but had terrible trouble going to CFL or CFV when in China to report it all.

CFL and CFV are not blocked in China - the problem is with the Google API functions which are used by the IPB software that both sites use. Much of the Google functionality is blocked by the Great Firewall as of this year. When I first turn on my computer and see the "Connecting to ajax.googleapis.com" notation at the bottom of the screen, I use that as my cue to turn on my VPN

When are we supposed to select a document delivery address? Just before the interview? The first email I received, the one that says to do the DS-260, said to select a document delivery address. I have gone through all the steps to create the profile and stopped on the step immediately after selecting the document delivery address. The dashboard still doesn't show a document delivery address... the thread dnoblett linked is of little use because the OP found a solution but didn't post it.

Edited by jwdoetsch (see edit history)

If I remember correctly, I don't think CGI-Stanley ever showed the CITIC branch we registered for document pick-up. And I had to do the same thing you mention, get halfway through the interview scheduling process to register the pick-up location, but then close the browser before actually scheduling the interview.

However, the staff at that branch did take our documents and receive the passport with the visa whent the whole rigamarole was finished.

If I remember correctly, I don't think CGI-Stanley ever showed the CITIC branch we registered for document pick-up. And I had to do the same thing you mention, get halfway through the interview scheduling process to register the pick-up location, but then close the browser before actually scheduling the interview.

However, the staff at that branch did take our documents and receive the passport with the visa whent the whole rigamarole was finished.

Actually there is a screen that shows it, but I need to travel tonight. If I get time I will look up how to find the thing and post some screen shots. It is a little complicated, by clicking through all the sign up pages, as I recall. Anyway, later. I think, click on the little buttons on the toppish of the dashboard, then click through those sing up pages, which should already be filled out. you should come across the CITIC location on one of those pages, as I recall.

PS: Here you go. From the Dashboard:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2qbhu76.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/33wqrgi.jpg

Edited by Doug (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks so much, Doug, for posting your screen shots. A disconcerting side effect of the process at ustraveldocs.com is that those of us who AREN'T going through the process can't step in to see what goes on and provide help to those who are.

I'll see if I can't copy them to the CFL Gallery and post them more prominently in one of our pinned topics (I just have links to your topics there for now)

Thanks again.

Thanks so much, Doug, for posting your screen shots. A disconcerting side effect of the process at ustraveldocs.com is that those of us who AREN'T going through the process can't step in to see what goes on and provide help to those who are.

I'll see if I can't copy them to the CFL Gallery and post them more prominently in one of our pinned topics (I just have links to your topics there for now)

Thanks again.

Yea I kind of figured and ustraveldocs.com is more complicated than it should be, with no explanations or definitions, just like the rest of the process, leaving us in a fog. I wish I had documented more, but I was in China when doing all this and in a hurry. The internet was slow and I was limited in what I could do on candle, oh and no tinypic.com either, as I recall. I guess I could have taken more screen shots. It takes a little time to screenshot into powerpoint, do some screen shots, which save as bitmaps, then reduce pixels and then make as a jpg, then tinypic.

I put these in CFV also. Oh, I could not add to the OP in my Prelim Approved thread. Now it says I have too many pics there, so I added it 2 places there.

It will all change in a year....probably.

Hi Doug, first of all thank you for the information.

I did everything as you said. However, I'm up to step 8 where I have to confirm my case ID? But after I enter the Case ID I get this error:

The Case ID that you have entered cannot be found. [GUZ2015062041]. Please confirm your IV Case ID to proceed with scheduling your appointment. Please ensure that you have been notified that your IV Case is ready for scheduling. If you receive an error message that your Case ID is not loaded, please be patient and try again at a later time.

Am I suppose to wait for something in order to pass this step? Or since I already selected my delivery address I drop off the documents at the CITIC bank to proceed past step 8?

Best regards,

Julian

Dear all,

After completing the DS-260 online. I went through the next step to register a location for document pick-up. However, when I go to confirm the case ID, I get this error:

The Case ID that you have entered cannot be found.

Please confirm your IV Case ID to proceed with scheduling your appointment. Please ensure that you have been notified that your IV Case is ready for scheduling. If you receive an error message that your Case ID is not loaded, please be patient and try again at a later time

I made sure that the case ID is correct. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Julian

Boy am I ever having trouble answering from this hotel. Text gets corrupted.

I almost answered this, and duh, it is your original question huh? haha

I get the same error message, and it has been 4 months. I tried many times and probably called them about this.

We have sent and received packages through CITIC Bank, and documents via email since the interview, so all is working well regardless.

Are you DCF, or did you file from the states like me? From the way ustraveldocs.com or CGI Stanley, whatever you want to call them, from the way their web screens read it seems geared toward DCF folks and scheduling the interview. Whereas for us state side fillers, the NVC or consulate schedules the interview. I really only needed this ustraveldocs.com website to schedule the CITIC Bank. But I guess we need to register there also. I may be wrong but I think their primary purpose is for DCF folks. I wonder if DCF folks get that error message.

I had other issues to worry about. The thingie that gives you a number to make sure you're a real person would not load most of the time in China. I called at least 3 times about that. I was not really believed. The website is very lacking.

I just ignore the error message. I still have it too, and everything is working.

Yes I DCF'd.

With the following instructions via email:

COMPLETE FORM DS-260(Online Immigrant Visa Application & Registration). Starting September 1, 2013 immigrant visa applicants are required to complete form DS-260. Please follow the on-line instructions and complete this form athttps://ceac.state.gov/IV. Once you have completed the form, print the confirmation page and submit it along with other requested items in this notice. *For instructions and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on completing the DS-260, please visithttp://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_5164.html.
COPY OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION PAGE OF YOUR PASSPORT: A copy of the personal information pageof your current passport. (Each applicant must have a current passport that will be valid for travel to the United States for at least 8 months beyond the visa issuance date.)
PHOTOGRAPHS: Two 2 inches square (roughly 50 mm square) un-mounted full-face color photographs with a white background. All applicants must submit photos, regardless of age.
How to Submit Required Materials:
  1. You must register a location for document pick-up by selecting the “Select Document Delivery Address” option in the Immigrant Visa Section of http://ustraveldocs.com.
  1. Please print the “IV Pre-interview Document Submission Cover Letter” at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/20140707%20IV%20Pre-interview%20Document%20Submission%20Cover%20Letter%20for%20Drop%20Off.pdf. Complete and submit the Document Submission Letter along with the above requested items at the nearest CITIC Bank. Failure to take the requested action within one year will result in your application being terminated.
I completed the form online. But I am stuck at step #8 of: You must register a location for document pick-up by selecting the “Select Document Delivery Address” option in the Immigrant Visa Section of http://ustraveldocs.com.

I completed the form online. But I am stuck at step #8 of: You must register a location for document pick-up by selecting the “Select Document Delivery Address” option in the Immigrant Visa Section of http://ustraveldocs.com.

Don't worry about registering. They didn't ask for UID or anything of that sort. Bring everything on their list and drop off at any CITIC bank that is designated and they'll forward it to Guangzhou for you.

My experience:

1.) Received email to submit DS-260 online and did so same day

2.) Tried to login to usatraveldocs/cgi.federal, but wife had forgotten password and doesn't use that email anymore

3.) cgi.federal takes 2 business days to respond to you and then asks for a response back, so took 4 business days for them to say case was closed, but I gained access to old email account myself

4.) Realize that it's impossible to register pick-up location as case # isn't recognized.

5.) Go to nearest CITIC and have them say they have never done this before and claim they needed a receipt with confirmation of payment and DS-160 etc forms. They are too used to only dealing with Chinese tourist visas to the US and not immigration.

6.) Give up and go to main financial district CITIC bring the following:

• Confirmation of DS-260 printed out
  • Copy of biographic page of passport
  • 2 color photos
  • Cover letter filled out (leave address blank as you might have to go to different location if get turned away as I did)
  • This branch also requested one more copy of the DS-260 confirmation and cover letter, but they made the copies for us

7.) Go online and check your status with your original case ID starting with GUZ

8.) Receive confirmation and interview email with details/explanation to register on cgi.federal (this came less than 1 week from CITIC document drop off, dropped off Friday and email received Thursday)

9.) Now, you can register your pickup or delivery location as your case ID will be recognized and you can schedule your interview.

10.) Get ready for interview and hope the I-864 form (expires 3/31/15) doesn't change and the co-sponsor doesn't have to re-mail any documents since your interview isn't until April...

Long story short -> Go drop off your documents!

Hope that helps!

Edited by llamagatekeeper (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Hi, i m new to this forum. Want to share a problem and see if someone has had similar issues. US consulate guz asked me for my passport and 2 photographs via an email. I went to the nearest Citic bank and gave them both these things. 5 days later i get an email that my passport is back at the bank. When i reach the bank, i am told that the passport was returned along with the photos. No reason is given. I called the ustraveldocs helpline and they told me to write an email to ustraveldocs (via the feedback form on their dashboard) and attach the email from GUZ. Anyone had similar problem? Not sure if it was the embassy that returned the documents or was it a problem on Citic bank's part.

Note: i applied for CR1 visa, interviewed on 18 dec in Guz, since then my case was in admin processing 221g. Last time "status updated" date changed on ceac website was on 23 feb - thats when i got the email to send the passport. Since then no date change- not even when they returned the passport. That makes me fear that its the citic bank who for some reason could not deliver my documents.

Thanks for your reply

Hi, just to add to the above- the citic bank i went to is also my selected branch for document pickup. I have previously used the same branch to send my ds260 confirmation page. Although each time i go there, the staff is new