Newb question - sorry for redundancy.

Hi folks,

First post. (I hear the groans already!)

I'm in need of a reality check. I did what I thought was a lot of digging before submitting my I-130 for my lovely Yifang and her son. (kinda) Short version....

I live in the US, she lives in Hunan.

We met through a mutual friend online in May of 2014

I flew to China and we married on November 27, 2014

While I was there, we gathered a lot of white books, copies for both of us.

Working through RapidVisa, I got 4 affadavits for the bona fides for the package. They reviewed and passed on the package.

I submitted the I-130s in January of 2015

Received the NOA1 January 26, 2015 from the NSC.

Found you guys on February 1st.

I was under the impression that the other items I'm arranging for the bona fides were to be added into the package when the NVC gets it. I have a lot....Pictures with her and her family, emails, chat transcripts, plane tickets, hotel receipts, etc. that add up to a few pounds of paper. I'm also planning my second trip there in april or so, and plan to be there during the interview. In the process of writing a letter to show our timeline of romance! :)

The worry I have is that it seems as though the one chance I had to put in evidence of a relationship was in the original submission of the I-130. This is the impression I get from reading a lot of posts here.

Did I pull a bonehead move, or do I have the opportunity to add in this evidence later at the NVC stage?

I'm starting to sweat now after reading a lot of horror stories!

Any advice? (besides don't be a bonehead?). Experiences and direction gratefully accepted.

Nope, the only time you have to submit relationship evidence is when you file the I-130, this way the adjudicator at USCIS can see this. All NVC wants will be foreign documents (Passport photos, Marriage certs, Birth Certs, Police Certs, Divorce Certs, and Affidavit of Support) nothing more any thing else sent to them that they did not request will be discarded.

Only other option is to bring these extra relationship evidence to the visa interview the interviewing officer may look at it.

Only other possible opportunity to submit additional evidence is if USCIS sends you a request for evidence RFE you can slip in additional stuff when responding to the RFE.

Thanks for the clarification, Dan!

Well, it looks as if I may be in for a long battle...but we knew this when we all went in, right?

:)

Maybe I'll get an RFE.....and can pre-load the stuff in up front!

Gonna be interesting to tell my beloved that her husband screwed up!

heheh...gotta take the lumps when they're deserved....