hi. i submitted the supporting documents to the NVC. They stated that "The birth certificate we received is from the incorrect issuing authority" My wife went to her home town of Herjian to get the copy of her birth certificate. I believe she went to the police station. Where is she to go to get her birth certificate?

thank you in advance for your assistance.

From DOS Reciprocity table.

Birth

Available in the form of notarial certificates, which are secondary evidence. Notarial certificates of birth (Chu Sheng Gong Zheng Shu or Chu Sheng Zheng Ming Shu) for persons living in or recently departed from China are generally reliable, but are best used in conjunction with other evidence.

More:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/CH.html#birth-1

Will need to aquire this from the Notary office located in jurisdiction over her household record, they should also provide an english translation and bind the certificate and translation in a book.

Check out other topics tagged Birth Certificate http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/birth%2Bcertificate/

I believe she did this. i think i mispoke before. everything was written and translated and placed in a binder. The only thing i don't see is that the birth certificate doesn't say in the translation "born in Hejian"

this is the english translation at the bottom of the birth certificate.

luzhou haitian notary public office(seal)

sichuan province

the people's republic of china

does this read that she went to the Notary?

Nope, sounds like someone at NVC is not familiar with the standard format for Chinese Notarial Birth Certs.

Did you opt to do email process by scanning and emailing I-864 and documents? I suspect if you had emailed this stuff to NVC, that they probably would defer this to the consulate to decide if the certificate is correctly formatted.

I would resubmit this and attach a note that this is the standard format for Notarial Certs from Mainland China.

Is this good for the birth certificate?

Applicant: (wife name), female, born on (birthday) ID #

Related Persons: (father's name), male, born on (birthday), ID#

(Mother's name), female, born on (birthday), ID#

Notarial item: Relatives relationship

This is to certify that my wife is the daughter of (mom & dad). Dad is the father of (my wife), and

mom is the mother of (my wife).

the signature you see above.

Is this good for the birth certificate?

Applicant: (wife name), female, born on (birthday) ID #

Related Persons: (father's name), male, born on (birthday), ID#

(Mother's name), female, born on (birthday), ID#

Notarial item: Relatives relationship

This is to certify that my wife is the daughter of (mom & dad). Dad is the father of (my wife), and

mom is the mother of (my wife).

the signature you see above.

I'm also at NVC at the same stage you are now.

Though i have as yet gotten no checklist.

Birth certificate ( White Book) should look like this:

gallery_2511_661_8928.jpg

gallery_2511_661_44204.jpg

gallery_2511_661_46286.jpg

gallery_2511_661_55869.jpg

gallery_2511_661_42429.jpg

Hope this helps.

NVC can be a pain in the ass and there very slow and have a long backup.

Good luck.

Mike

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

thank you. this is what we have, i just sent the english translation. and you answered my question that i am missing what city my wife was born in.

i wish you the best.

You need to scan and send both the Cover, Chinese Certificate and the english translation. The whole book.

As long as it IS the white book notarial certificate (and a scan of the entire booklet like Dan says), the consulate SHOULD accept it - these booklets are issued to an international standard, NOT to what the Consulate or the NVC may try to specify

If you try to ask the notarial service to add extra pages, they'll basically tell you to bugger off. Randy W is right, the notary officers have to follow a prescribed format when preparing, binding, signing, and chopping the notarial certificates.

Remember, these white books aren't issued by the Chinese government to satisfy US immigration requirements; they exist separate from that for a whole host of international and Chinese civil affairs.

If you try to ask the notarial service to add extra pages, they'll basically tell you to bugger off. Randy W is right, the notary officers have to follow a prescribed format when preparing, binding, signing, and chopping the notarial certificates.

Remember, these white books aren't issued by the Chinese government to satisfy US immigration requirements; they exist separate from that for a whole host of international and Chinese civil affairs.