New Passport with a New Passport Number

Hello everyone!

I have my new passport renewed lately. But I have to have a new passport number and someone told me there won't be any problems with the different numbers I have. Now I like to hear your experiences and opinions to release my anxiety. There're more immigration record in my dossier with my old passport number in it. I don't need any trouble from the new passport number. thank you everyone for reading my worry.

Happy New Year everyone!

Catherine

Just got mwn new passport today at the Consulate. The only thing you need the old one for is if there's still an active visa in it , or for the entry and exit stamps. Don't worry about the passport number - it's not neeeed , except when asked for. When it is, simply give the new number.

I just came back with my new passport and I see my old passport number being attached at the last page of the new passport. That's good but I still miss my old passport with many visa records, such as my trace at Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and America. I like my picture on the page of American immigration visa. Alas--------

When I renewed my passport the passport office returned to me the old pasdport in a separate mailing, the old passport was invalidated with a corner cut off.

My old passport is kept in the original way, not a corner cut off. It is still with me now. Also there are still two years before my old passport is expired. Because I don't know how to renew the old one after I'm in America, I just renewed in China a few days ago.

best wishes!!

My old passport is kept in the original way, not a corner cut off. It is still with me now. Also there are still two years before my old passport is expired. Because I don't know how to renew the old one after I'm in America, I just renewed in China a few days ago.

best wishes!!

Just for your information, because you may need to do other things. When in the USA you just go to the Chinese consulate, or embassy in your area. The USA Chinese embassy website will tell you which one to go to, according to what state you live in. I picked up a new passport for a young girl green card holder at the Houston, Texas consulate a few years ago, for instance. I think they cut the corner off the old one back then. No problem if you ever have to do it here in the USA.

http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/zmzlljs/t84229.htm

• Like 1