When I emailed the affidavit of support form it says : you much send all documents in one package, but keep the attachments below 5mb. What's the one package meaning ? one email ? or several emails at the same time?

When scanning documents most scanners provide an option to pause between pages so you can scan everything into one file.

For example my Fujitsu has this check box.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Misc%20Junk%20for%20posting/Scan_zps7df45214.jpg

However you should be able to send the I-864 as several attachements to one email.

• I-864 (One file)
  • Tax Transcripts (3 files) IRS provides them as PDF downloads here: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
  • Pay stubs, (One file containing all, Typically going back 6 months) If your scanner does not provide the option to scan multiple pages into a PDF, then visit a local office store, Staples, Office Max, FED-EX, UPS-Store etc, they should offer to scan docs into a PDF and save to a USB for you)
  • Employer Letter (One file)

(Basically, your employer letter should state "To whom it may concern: (first name,last name) has been employed full-time with the XYZ Company since ____ as a (name of your job), and is an employee in good standing with an annual salary of $XXXX. Signed, John Doe, Supervisor (or whatever title)" The letter should be on company letterhead.)

For affidavit of support you should be able to send

When I emailed the affidavit of support form it says : you much send all documents in one package, but keep the attachments below 5mb. What's the one package meaning ? one email ? or several emails at the same time?

When scanning documents most scanners provide an option to pause between pages so you can scan everything into one file.

For example my Fujitsu has this check box.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Misc%20Junk%20for%20posting/Scan_zps7df45214.jpg

However you should be able to send the I-864 as several attachements to one email.

• I-864 (One file)
  • Tax Transcripts (3 files) IRS provides them as PDF downloads here: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
  • Pay stubs, (One file containing all, Typically going back 6 months) If your scanner does not provide the option to scan multiple pages into a PDF, then visit a local office store, Staples, Office Max, FED-EX, UPS-Store etc, they should offer to scan docs into a PDF and save to a USB for you)
  • Employer Letter (One file)

(Basically, your employer letter should state "To whom it may concern: (first name,last name) has been employed full-time with the XYZ Company since ____ as a (name of your job), and is an employee in good standing with an annual salary of $XXXX. Signed, John Doe, Supervisor (or whatever title)" The letter should be on company letterhead.)

For affidavit of support you should be able to send

One package means every files/documents they ask for in one email ?

I filled out I-864EZ , I didn't see they ask for employer's letter and pay stubs. Should I send to them?

As one package , I failed to email them yesterday. I'll send as one package later, is that ok? will the case be delayed because of my failed email ?

How about supporting documents? Do I need to send them ?

One email is my understanding.

When scanning, set the resolution to low and scan in Black & White to keep the file size small.

As for employer letter and pay stubs see Page 6 of the form I-864EZ instructions.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-864income.jpg

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864ezinstr.pdf

You can send as many attachments in one email as you want as long EACH document is below the 5MB rule.

I just sent both the AOS and the IV packet all in one email.

Now for another update:

I may have found a small loop hole in the sending of the 5MB rule.

Scan and email your financial forms and evidence, supporting documents, and translations to nvcelectronic@state.gov.<- corrected link Please place your case number in the subject line of the email and keep your attachments below five megabytes (MB). If you have more than one case, use a different email message for each case. For more information, review our Document Scanning FAQs.

After this whole mess with the email thing i and reading this guote a few more times i realized

it was not saying anything about the email it self but the Attachments need to be below 5MB and says nothing about how many you

can send at one time.

So i took a chance and sent ALL files i had in One email. Each FILE was 5MB or below.

I sent one email for the wife and one email for step son.

Each email sent had well over 5MB and closer to 40-45MB but EACH FILE sent in one email was below the 5MB rule.

You might want to look at this thread.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups

Edited by Randy W
I corrected the link, since we're not talkng about that problem here (see edit history)

OK, so I just saw this. Did not notice the bad link at 2am. (need more coffee)

Clicked on it and all documents were emailed to nvcdocuments@state.gov.

Strange, I have not received a delivery failed notice.

Would it still be good to email these to the correct address?

I think it would because the link one the NVC Faq page is correct.

OK, so I just saw this. Did not notice the bad link at 2am. (need more coffee)

Clicked on it and all documents were emailed to nvcdocuments@state.gov.

Strange, I have not received a delivery failed notice.

Would it still be good to email these to the correct address?

I think it would because the link one the NVC Faq page is correct.

Yes - I just tried sending a test email to that bogus address. I got a "Undeliverable" report back within a minute from postmaster@state.gov

Interesting, I never got a "Undeliverable" message. However, I did re-submit it to the correct address.

I got the following automatic reply. Make sure you get this reply when submitting documents.

Dear Sir or Madam,

This email address collects scanned forms and documents ONLY. We do not respond to inquiries from this email. If you submitted scanned forms and documents, we will send you more instructions as soon as we review your case.

If you did not submit scanned forms or documents, we will delete your email. If you have a question about your case, please contact us by email or phone.

Be sure to include the following information with each inquiry:

* Your case number;

* The Principal applicant's name and date of birth;

* The Petitioner's name; and

* If your visa petition is employment-based, the employer's company or organization name.

Email: nvcinquiry@state.gov

Type your case number in the subject line and ask about only one case per email.

Phone: (603) 334-0700

Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight (Eastern Time).

Regards,

National Visa Center

Written Correspondence Unit

You can send as many attachments in one email as you want as long EACH document is below the 5MB rule.

Now for another update:

Do we need to send the documents cover sheet which with checking list along with all documents ?

Scan and email your financial forms and evidence, supporting documents, and translations to nvcelectronic@state.gov.<- corrected link Please place your case number in the subject line of the email and keep your attachments below five megabytes (MB). If you have more than one case, use a different email message for each case. For more information, review our Document Scanning FAQs.

After this whole mess with the email thing i and reading this guote a few more times i realized

it was not saying anything about the email it self but the Attachments need to be below 5MB and says nothing about how many you

can send at one time.

So i took a chance and sent ALL files i had in One email. Each FILE was 5MB or below.

Each email sent had well over 5MB and closer to 40-45MB but EACH FILE sent in one email was below the 5MB rule.

Now for another update:

Do we need to send the documents cover sheet which with checking list along with all documents ?

can send at one time.

If you have any questions and or need help.

Send me a PM or ask here in this thread.

I'm doing the same as you and going down the same road as you.

So far i have had no problems and all documents have been received with no problems.

Go back to the beginning of the link i provided and read the entire post from the beginning.

If you still need help PM me or ask here in this thread.

NVC has changed the way we all summit documents and it can be a bit confusing.

As far as i can tell I'm one of the first to travel down this new road of NVC electronic processing

other than C4Racer (Michael)

Back when i did this for the first time in 2006 it was easy and straight forward.

Now today even though it is more stream lined and faster? it still can be a bit overwhelming.

Were here to help ya buddy!

Mike

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

NVC electronic processing has been in effect for several years on an experimental basis for 2 or 3 consulates in different countries, including Guangzhou. They only recently made (confusing) changes to the web site, and a big change in the procedure to eliminate the "Opt-in" step, where an applicant had to explicitly send an "opt-in" email. Some were caught unawares by this, since the I-864 instructions were to MAIL the form to the NVC. Doing so would lock you into the mail process, and prevent the application from being processed electronically. ALL submissions to NVC MUST be done electronically for the electronic processing.

The other new bug, like you've pointed out, is the email link (in several places) with nvcelectronic@state.gov, which actually links to nvcdocuments@state.gov, a non-existent address.

NVC electronic processing has been in effect for several years on an experimental basis for 2 or 3 consulates in different countries, including Guangzhou. They only recently made (confusing) changes to the web site, and a big change in the procedure to eliminate the "Opt-in" step, where an applicant had to explicitly send an "opt-in" email. Some were caught unawares by this, since the I-864 instructions were to MAIL the form to the NVC. Doing so would lock you into the mail process, and prevent the application from being processed electronically. ALL submissions to NVC MUST be done electronically for the electronic processing.

The other new bug, like you've pointed out, is the email link (in several places) with nvcelectronic@state.gov, which actually links to nvcdocuments@state.gov, a non-existent address.

Yes This is very true as you have said.

BUT!! most members do not read the entire thread from the start to end and only catch the last few posts of the thread.

With that being said, I'm the guinea pig: and have so far gotten a bit more down the road with NVC as most with no problems as of yet?

Some other threads on NVC Electronic processing, going back to 2009 - http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/Electronic%2BProcessing/

But, yes, Mike, I think people (rightly) want to rely on current information and especially interaction with those going through the process, rather than having to sort through older threads to figure out which information may or may not still be applicable and especially with regards to which pitfalls to avoid.

Carry on.