vaccination question

Hello All!

My wife is here on K-1 visa, we got married one month after she entered the country. We are prepping for AOS and have a question about vaccination.

She got her shots done in China and all they gave her was the yellow booklet, she did not receive DS-3025 form. In her situation, she needs to go to a Civil Surgeon (CS) to complete certain parts of form I-693 correct? Does she need to do a full medical? Thanks!

Hello All!

My wife is here on K-1 visa, we got married one month after she entered the country. We are prepping for AOS and have a question about vaccination.

She got her shots done in China and all they gave her was the yellow booklet, she did not receive DS-3025 form. In her situation, she needs to go to a Civil Surgeon (CS) to complete certain parts of form I-693 correct? Does she need to do a full medical? Thanks!

The surgeon general will determine which shots are needed and will fill out the vaccination section of the I-693 on that basis. Some also require that a full medical exam be conducted for the full I-693. This is not necessary, as long as her medical exam for the interview in Guangzhou is less than six months old. If you don't want to pay for a full medical exam, you may need to shop around for a doctor willing to fill out only the vaccination section based on the yellow booklet.

• Like 1

Study this topic: http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/41344-us-civil-surgeons-and-the-i-693/

In my wife's case we had no DS-3025 however she did get a yellow book detailing the vaccinations she got for the visa, I had to call around to a few Civil Surgeons and ended up going to one and insisting that he follow the clearly stated rules and do only the Vacconation part of the I-693. I printed out the I-693 instructions and highlighted the part about K-Visas and Vaccinations, the doctor grumbled and did as requested, and charged us $30.

If they insist on a full medical stand your ground.

• Like 1

Civil surgeons signing off on vaccinations has been an ongoing problem since this site was founded. Many either do not understand the law or are trying to pad their pockets by insisting on unneeded examinations. My advice is to use this link https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIVto find the civil surgeons in your area then list them in an outward spiral starting with the ones closest to you. Start calling them until you find one that will sign off on it for a reasonable fee.

Good luck.

• Like 2