Impact of Obama Executive Order on Immigration

This evening, the President announced major changes in USA immigration policy. These policy changes are expected to require the Federal government to document over 5 million currently "undocumented immigrants" to allow them to legally remain in the country.

My purpose in starting this thread is not to discuss the merits or politics of legitimizing undocumented immigration. This thread is for updates (from both official and unofficial sources) as they become available, on how this will effect the processing time for those who are now in line for legal immigration.

My thinking is that processing the paperwork for over 5 million undocumented immigrants, with no additional funding to handle the increased administrative burden, has to have a major adverse effect on the millions of legal immigrants who are now in line.

Full disclosure: I have relatives waiting in line for legal immigration for many years. They remain in line waiting for a visa slot, so I have a "dog in this hunt".

Respectfully,

True Blue

Edited by True Blue (see edit history)

Please excuse my temper coming out in this, but it all got personal.

Here is a link to what I experienced the last time he alone signed an order. Now, did he decide to pull staff from processing I-130 petitions for US Citizens families, and leave a full force for green card holders to get their spouse here, or processed in 5 months or less at USCIS? Who knows who made that distinction in how the process was carried out? In a rerun from the NY Times, I posted, the govt. apparently did admit the problem and why, but this was late in the game. I suspect law-suites need to be filed to correct any of this, if anyone has the deep pockets. Congress has no backbone to either block this action or fund this so LEGAL immigration processes in a timely manner. And I don't see any reason it will change with the newly elected.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/46285-i-129f-wait-times-shorter-than-i-130-for-uscitizen-in-usa/

From time to time I go and look at the processing times at the USCIS. The last time I looked, green card holders took longer to process than USCs, but both were behind, as I recall. I can't imagine my pointing things out and raising hell made any dif. Perhaps the NY Times did? NVC publishes nothing that I know of, and I have not had too much delay there. The illegals will probably all fall under the USCIS anyway.

If you make phone calls to the Govt. my experience is an attitude on the other end, even as late as yesterday. Oops I forgot that was CG Stanley, not the Govt. We have no influence, and we have no representation to help us either. Again, I think it comes down to some law suites.

This is much larger than registering the dream kids, so I suspect Mick is right.

I should add that a couple of other threads dealt with this before I discovered it. I just used the K-3/4 method at the time to hurry things up a bit, as they ran at 5 months or less. Last time I looked it won't help. If your waiting on parents/other fmaily then I see you have a whole different method and concern.

Well I had a little God send. I am out and overdrawn on vacation time. All salaried people must take 6 days furlough before the end of the year. So, I can go for the interview which is on Nov 19. :D

Good luck there! Less than 2 weeks away!

Is there any word here, Doug?