Potty Etiquette In China

LOL...a video on how to use the bathroom....hilarious. Westerners can be such babies about their terlet activities. We are in the great minority of people inhabiting the earth but feel that the world revolves around us....and need a terlet video to help us cope when we cross our county line and visit other countries...too funny.

I do love the story a few years back on Candle where the American guy found his newly arrived Chinese wife squatting with her feet on the terlet seat...that was really hilarious, and a really honest movement....pun intended.

tsap seui

I encountered the squat under trying circumstances, ie high pressure liquid blast at a movie theater during the movie. Found in the alley, there was only no throne as I figured, but nothing was going to prevent this endeavor. Anyway, had some paper and off I went as fast as possible without ruining the movie for all in the theater.

Mastery was learned at her brothers house, meeting her parents and all her family for the first time. The one throne was broken, so the squatter in the shower was IT! Seems I got sick there also with fever and much stomach churning. And so there I was, ready to ask if I can marry Fen. Most worrisome, but hey, I am not a teenager anymore and they were very patient understanding people. Maybe the measured fever got me off the hook, haha. I made a game of it. I pretended to be on a WWII bomb run, and just sight it in, haha. I recall taking a shower since I was almost naked anyway. I lost count how many times a day, or night. Besides it was August way down in muggy South China. It could have been Mississippi.

PS: The thought just occurred to me... ol Tsapper must really be a decent guy... I mean what if he were into some kinky stuff? I mean twirling et all? I twirling jumping terlet seat on a bomb run?.... PS2: wonder if this could help me in my struggles with American toilets?

Edited by Doug (see edit history)

So for sxxxs and giggles I have a question or two that I have been wondering about for a while . Which is the front and which is the back of the squatter? :sweating_buckets: What is your rational? Do you walk in and squat or should you walk in , spin and squat? What about that little hood that some toilets have. Danb

So for sxxxs and giggles I have a question or two that I have been wondering about for a while . Which is the front and which is the back of the squatter? :sweating_buckets: What is your rational? Do you walk in and squat or should you walk in , spin and squat? What about that little hood that some toilets have. Danb

I would say to keep your back to the wall, and to aim for the wider end, and the end with the drain connection it. But also make sure you have something to hang on to, if need be.

The hood is for splash control.

The difference between Chinese and Westerners? The Chinese squat

http://theheartthrills.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/squatting-men-beijing-wangfujing.jpg

I believe we are ALL born with the ability to squat with feet FLAT on the floor and butt barely above the heels, like these gentlemen are doing (I have a picture of my son doing this at the age of 2 or 3), but that we LOSE that ability, due to either bone or muscle development, since we don't EXERCISE that ability.

That is, ALL of us will squat on the balls of our feet, with the heels off the ground.

Hey - if you're headed for the crapper and need some reading material, this seems to cover all the bases (or at least #1 and #2) -

The Science and History of the Asian Squat

So we did a test – 100% of the Asians could squat with feet on the ground (P<0.000063) while only 13.5% of North Americans could (p<0.0000043). And of the 13.5%, 9% had part ASIAN ancestry in them. The remaining one was a Yoga Freak.

Here is a photo with visual instructions. The hood make sense but I could swear that I have seen them facing both directions. I copied image url I hope this will display the photo. Will it?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8M6MTVeG3if5dPFCTgAqdYl4WP-Q819TMzh5oaQKTOP8Kv00W

My father was station in Japan when I was kid. when I was there I tried to learn how to squat but it wasn't easy. The squatting was just for sitting...not for the potty.

Danb

Edited by danb (see edit history)

I would say to keep your back to the wall, and to aim for the wider end, and the end with the drain connection it. But also make sure you have something to hang on to, if need be.

http://theheartthrills.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/squatting-men-beijing-wangfujing.jpg

I believe we are ALL born with the ability to squat with feet FLAT on the floor and butt barely above the heels, like these gentlemen are doing (I have a picture of my son doing this at the age of 2 or 3), but that we LOSE that ability, due to either bone or muscle development, since we don't EXERCISE that ability.

That is, ALL of us will squat on the balls of our feet, with the heels off the ground.

Hey - if you're headed for the crapper and need some reading material, this seems to cover all the bases (or at least #1 and #2) -

So we did a test – 100% of the Asians could squat with feet on the ground (P<0.000063) while only 13.5% of North Americans could (p<0.0000043). And of the 13.5%, 9% had part ASIAN ancestry in them. The remaining one was a Yoga Freak.

Can you imagine how many future Hall Of Fame catchers there could be if they knew how to play baseball.

Can you imagine how many future Hall Of Fame catchers there could be if they knew how to play baseball.

If they can SEE over the mitt when holding it in the strike zone (the Chinese squat would place the glove right about knee height), AND can get up rapidly from that position, they might stand a chance.

I'll vote for bringing over the cheerleaders, myself.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/Portals/0/attachment/2011/d011a18a-e2f7-47a3-8ee3-696cf574f709.jpg