My wifes Visa was approved!!

Patrick,

I think you'll be alright in the end. My wife's daughter came as a K-2 follower. She was fifteen and needed the passport before the visa was issued. She also failed the interview the first time around. Failed to bring the release from her father and the divorce certificate. Meant another two day trip back home and then two days back to Guangzhou plus a week delay. She provided what was asked for and a week later the K-2 visa was in her passport.

We are now going through the AOS with the daughter while my wife's status is still in limbo. I haven't gotten much out of the local USCIS except that the rules continue changing. The latest is the daughter can not get a SSN because she does not have permission to work (EAD). I tried to explain she was only fifteen and in school and there is no chance of working. I'm told those are the new rules. So it means we will wait for God knows how long to change her status and get the stamp in her passport. I feel like we're in another black hole.

Patrick,

Any new news?

I had intended to write that you should call up Linda Donahue and talk to her about he problem. I think you have the number from a previouis post. Unfortunatley, I can't find my reply so maybe I lost it.

Good Luck.... And, invite all your friends from the INS over for a beer when your wife arrives!!!! :)

----- Clifford -----