My wifes Visa was approved!!

I am so happy and relieved. But i am also so fricking upset about her sons denial.

He was denied because he didnt have a passport! But the P3 instructions states that a child under the age of 16 years old doesnt need a passport. So my wife didnt try to get one for him. 12 hours by bus to Guangzhou, $500.00++ dollars spent, and now she will have to do this trip all over again. They told her at the embassy that he will need a passport and they would reschedule an interview for him. I am so PO'ed about that.

Everything i have read about this states that a K4 is only a derivative for a K3. The K4 doesnt even participate in the interview. The son is 10 years old. I fired off a letter to Linda Donahue appealing to her about this, but i doubt anything will be done before my wife leaves for Nanning.

So discusted with this whole process!

Patrick :lol:

I am so happy and relieved. But i am also so fricking upset about her sons denial.

He was denied because he didnt have a passport! But the P3 instructions states that a child under the age of 16 years old doesnt need a passport. So my wife didnt try to get one for him. 12 hours by bus to Guangzhou, $500.00++ dollars spent, and now she will have to do this trip all over again. They told her at the embassy that he will need a passport and they would reschedule an interview for him. I am so PO'ed about that.

Everything i have read about this states that a K4 is only a derivative for a K3. The K4 doesnt even participate in the interview. The son is 10 years old. I fired off a letter to Linda Donahue appealing to her about this, but i doubt anything will be done before my wife leaves for Nanning.

So discusted with this whole process!

Patrick  :lol:

Good new/bad news, I guess. What a bummer. :(

Congratulations to Li (and you) on getting passed the interview. Hopefully, the snafu with your son can be cleared quickly.

I'm beginning to think that your process will go down in the annals as an example of how the government can f**k things up at every turn. Hang in there. It's almost over.

that is great news that your wife passed!

hopefully this detail wont cost too much in time or money! it will be over soon! this is a pretty simple, though annoying, detail to fix though, so be glad for that!

they will be here before you know it!

congratulations on your wife passing and best wishes for a quick resolve for her son!

If he doesn't have a passport, then how could he be able to leave China or go anywhere.  The passport is the pass to the outside world. The P3 instruction is definitely wrong.

Children under the age of 16 dont need a passport to travel with a parent anywhere in the world that i know of.

Patrick

Patric & Li,

When the topic came up on my computer, a big smile quickly spread over my face for you guys. That slowly turned to a frown as I finished your post.

So glad for you in the long-run though. You will prevail.

Hindsight is always better, but since the young son had to go through the hospital procedure, and you have to pay 2 visa fee bills, the consulate will need the passport of the child to enter the second visa.

Hang in there a bit more, and can you feed us any particulars on your wifes interview?

Dean

Her interview was easy. My wife speaks fairly good english. They asked her for pictures, letters, affidavit of support and how many times we had met. Pretty standard stuff as far as everything you read about. She went to window 11. She said he was a very nice man. In and out in 3 hours. Interview took about 10 minutes.

She goes back for the Visa today at 4pm.

Patrick

Excellent !

I'm glad her's is good. I believe the sons P/P should take about 10 days to get. Will the boys father need to sign off on anything in order to get him a P/P?

Once he's got the P/P, it should be fairly painless after that.

Sorry about the extra traveling, hassles and expenses. Maybe I'll get to see her in GZ Mar 15 - 23 getting the final bit done.

Dean

QUOTE (ttlee_99 @ Mar 1 2004, 11:09 AM)

If he doesn't have a passport, then how could he be able to leave China or go anywhere. The passport is the pass to the outside world. The P3 instruction is definitely wrong.

Children under the age of 16 dont need a passport to travel with a parent anywhere in the world that i know of.

Patrick

It is true that a child does not need a passport or visa to travel with a parent. But K-2 is a catagory of immigration visa and requires a passport and visa.

jimb

Glad to hear it man. I think they are wrong about the passport. Her son can get a visa on her passport. that is the way it was explained to me. we have our interview in less than 2 weeks. I will be sure my fiancee's daughter has a passport--jsut in case. Once again---congradualtions to you.

congradualtions to you.

im no English major, but i did teach it in China for quite some time......im also a TERRIBLE speller, but.............it is....................

CONGRA T ULATIONS

im not picking on you Trigg, i see this spelled the wrong way in here ALL the time......

actually i have a funny story about this....my mom used to make cakes professionally, wedding, bday, any occassion....and anyway she had a graduation cake to make, and at the last minute with no time to change it, she realized she spelled congratulations wrong.....she put the "D" also, so anyway, she ended up putting quotation marks around it and making it look intentional for the "graDuation" party and covered herself!! haha

He was denied because he didnt have a passport! But the P3 instructions states that a child under the age of 16 years old doesnt need a passport. So my wife didnt try to get one for him.

The K4 doesnt even participate in the interview. The son is 10 years old.

A big congratulations on the most important part.

Apparently they changed the rules without telling anybody.

I think they are required to ask the children if they want to go to America.

I can understand your disgust with the process but don't feel too bad, at least you did not mess up as bad as me. I failed to find out that the child must go to the interview so the first time she went she did not bring her daughter. By the time of the second interview, rather than getting a visa we got caught in the Black Hole.

I hope you can get this passport difficulty squared away expeditiously.