What to expect for Birth Certificates

Okay, we got approval from USCIS for my wife's son. He is 18, so no wait for visa.

We had him get white book for police report and birth certificate.

The notary made a mistake on the birth certifacte.

It shows his birth date as xx/xx/98. Should be xx/xx/96.

I assume we need to have birth certifactes for him and mom at the consulate interview.

Is this correct? This means we need to make sure the date is correct.

That is correct, in fact you will need to scan and email them to NVC when they request the documents, and then hand carry them into the interview.

I would get a corrected certificate, it has to match what the petition shows as DOB

OK, we have a copy of an older white book, but not bound in a white book.

My wife says she can't get an updated white book.

Notary won't give it to anyone else.

Even if she goes back to China, they wouldn't give it to her because she is US citizen.

Is that correct? How can we get her an updated white book just to be safe?

OK, we have a copy of an older white book, but not bound in a white book.

My wife says she can't get an updated white book.

Notary won't give it to anyone else.

Even if she goes back to China, they wouldn't give it to her because she is US citizen.

Is that correct? How can we get her an updated white book just to be safe?

Note, it does not need to be bound in a fancy book, if she brings what you have over for the interview, simply make a photo copy of it to give to the interviewing officer if they want to keep a copy, and show then the original.

If you don't have an English translation, have a friend who is conversant in Chinese and English translate it and make note that they are conversant in both languages and have them sign, date, and provide contact info. Attach this translation to the original white book.