Can I DCF in Shanghai for them to forward to Beijing?

http://shanghai.usembassy-china.org.cn/visas/immigrant-visa.html

Unfortunately, the American Citizen Services (ACS) unit in Shanghai cannot collect petitioners’ Form I-130 or filing fee. However, American citizens residing in Shanghai’s consular district for six months or longer can pay the filing fee and submit their petition to the USCIS field office in Beijing on the day of their appointment.

Most of the other consulates DO accept the I-130 petitions and forward to the appropriate USCIS office at Beijing or Guangzhou. I believe Shanghai and Wuhan are the exceptions.

Unfortunately, the American Citizen Services (ACS) unit in Shanghai cannot collect petitioners’ Form I-130 or filing fee. However, American citizens residing in Shanghai’s consular district for six months or longer can pay the filing fee and submit their petition to the USCIS field office in Beijing on the day of their appointment.

Most of the other consulates DO accept the I-130 petitions and forward to the appropriate USCIS office at Beijing or Guangzhou. I believe Shanghai and Wuhan are the exceptions.

Note - as of Dec., 2011, mention of the six month requirement was DROPPED from both the Beijing and Guangzhou consulates' web sites.

• 3 months later...

I tried to apply (DCF) at the Chengdu consulate Dec. 2014 and told them I've heard of others' petitions being forwarded on to GZ or BJ, but they insisted it's not possible (at least at the Chengdu consulate). But from what it sounded like, other consulates would be the same.

The only places with USCIS field offices are the Guangzhou consulate and Beijing embassy, right? In other embassies you'd have to deal with ACS then, can they even do USCIS document intake?

edit: I'm assuming people would want to go to the closest embassy/consulate to file for convenience and cost, so you guys should note that you can use the English ctrip.com to book cheap flights very easily and also to book hotels simply.

Edited by jwdoetsch (see edit history)

The only places with USCIS field offices are the Guangzhou consulate and Beijing embassy, right? In other embassies you'd have to deal with ACS then, can they even do USCIS document intake?

edit: I'm assuming people would want to go to the closest embassy/consulate to file for convenience and cost, so you guys should note that you can use the English ctrip.com to book cheap flights very easily and also to book hotels simply.

Other consulates (Shanghai NOT included) will accept your petition and fees, and either forward it themselves, or give you a receipt to allow you to mail it to the appropriate USCIS field office.

Randy, have you heard of anyone successfully submitting I-130 petitions to other Consulates (Shanghai excluded) recently? I just went to the Chengdu consulate Dec. 23, 2014 and they said it is not possible. They were adamant about applying in Guangzhou as the only option.

Yes - I'm fairly certain that someone has done that within the last year or two, but I was unable to find a consulate that shows that option on their web site. Only Shanghai mentions the I-130, and that they do NOT accept the I-130 or fees.

Perhaps that's a changing dynamic there. Check with your consulate (like you did) before you go.

Randy, have you heard of anyone successfully submitting I-130 petitions to other Consulates (Shanghai excluded) recently? I just went to the Chengdu consulate Dec. 23, 2014 and they said it is not possible. They were adamant about applying in Guangzhou as the only option.

I paid my I-130 fee in Shenyang and then mailed the I-130 application to USCIS Beijing with the receipt but that was in 2011 so YMMV..................

Edited by Beachey (see edit history)