This is my first post and I've looked at the newbie links. I'm just not sure where to start.my girlfriend and I don't want to get married yet so I'm looking into either getting her work here or continuing her education here.I know school is really expensive here, especially for foreigners.I'm just not sure if she'll be able to find a job here because she only has an associates degree.I tried googling for job boards that are for Chinese people looking for jobs in America.all I found were job boards for jobs in China. Is it even possible to get a visa with a two year degree? If so, does anyone know of job boards for this or do I need to just start calling places?

Welcome to CFL

Not quite enough information to help you. I'm unclear as to where your sweetheart is. If she's in the US what kind of visa does she have? If she's in China and wants to get a work visa to come here she would need to have a job lined up that can't be filled by and American. Chances are slim to none. If you don't want to get married yet you could file for a K-1 fiance visa as long as you've been to China at least once to meet her. Expect about a year wait and you must marry within 90 days of her entry. A student visa is possible as long as she's been accepted to an American college. As you pointed out non resident tuition is very expensive.

Welcome to CFL !

(1) A student-visa holder is only allowed to work on campus and there are competitions among the students.

(2) Working visa?? For a nonimmigration person, it seems very difficult to work by law. It's complicated.

The reason you want her to come to the USA before you marry each other is to get to know each other. Why not give her an invitation letter to visit you? She may have a non immigration visa like B2 to spend some time with you.

Wishing you the best!

Catherine

The B2 visa is for the business /tourist visa right? We lived together in China so we know each other fairly well we just don't want to rush into marriage. We've talked about it though. I thought it was still difficult to get a visitors visa.she has to prove she will return to China, right?

The B2 visa is for the business /tourist visa right? We lived together in China so we know each other fairly well we just don't want to rush into marriage. We've talked about it though. I thought it was still difficult to get a visitors visa.she has to prove she will return to China, right?

Absolutely right. She will need to show that she has ties to China like owning property or a business.

It seems much more possible for you to move to China for a year or two than it would be for her to move to the States.

As the others have said, she'd either need a job offer and visa sponsorship or be accepted to an American university. Job + visa is hard to get. Universities are happy to accept Chinese students, but given that the cost of a year of school would probably be $30k+, CBA might indicate that you going to China makes more economic sense.