Seen on my outing today

Randy W

Nice photo, Randy. It captures the rural feel of the area, with the dirt road and the vegetation. I remember that some of the places I visited in the countryside seemed like I was stepping back in time. This was especially true in out of the way places in Anhui, where we lived my first year in China. It was common to see farmers working the fields with plows drawn by oxen.

Looks like an area where my brother in law lives. I loved taking long walks back in the woods, so to speak, and through the lil villages. (talk about looks, but folks are so friendly too.) One man was happy for me to photo his ox etc. I should get something better than this iphone for pics I suppose. I keep taking pics of those lil one cylinder diesel front wheel drive rigs that turn from a hinge pin in the middle of the frame. I REALLY want one back in town here in TX as my yard truck. Of course it isn't the most menuverable thing around trees, but I saw how one guy gets out for sharp turns and walks it. Hopefully one day we will have a little parade in town and I will show up with the contraption. I bet I would be about the only boy in TX or the whole USA with one. But the money isn't here for that now.

• Like 1