High-speed Train From Nanning To Beijing

From all the angst that California's high speed rail is going through with different municipals having different requirements as to speed and where it can run etc, it seems that it takes a communist government to overcome all that red tape and simply say this is where the track will be laid and this is how fast it will go.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Home-grown tech in high-speed trains

The successful trial of the CRH5A marked a leap from "Chinese-made" to "Chinese-designed" trains, the Xinhua News Agency quoted an employee from the China CNR Corporation, the manufacturer, as saying.

. . .

The CRH5A train began tests in the Harbin railway bureau after passing expert review on October 22.

"We used to spend a large amount of money to buy techniques from other countries. Now, we could make innovations by standing on their shoulders [and go further], which is a benign development mode," Wang Mengshu, a rail expert from the Chinese Academy of Engineering, told the Global Times.

"China now owns design blueprints, but still lacks seasoned mechanics who can offer superb manufacturing techniques [to promote the development of high-speed trains]," said Wang.

. . .

China has the world's longest high-speed railway network of 11,028 kilometers, with another 12,000 under construction.

From all the angst that California's high speed rail is going through with different municipals having different requirements as to speed and where it can run etc, it seems that it takes a communist government to overcome all that red tape and simply say this is where the track will be laid and this is how fast it will go.

I've run into this within my own county, just with the super highway and railway Texas tried to build.

It is shame the US doesn't start building these. Maybe if someone could get a lobbyist out of the Military-Industrial-Banking Complex it may help.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/business/2014-09/26/content_18665280.htm

1) Airlines lobby against these in a big way. SWA has stalled Texas bullet train plans for years.

2) Lobbying certainly goes on, but... Our military industrial complex is so small I imagine it would be a very slow start up to get into and sustain a large non-nuclear war like WWII. We sold or gave away many industrial buildings owned by the Govt. and run by private companies who have drastically downsized and merged.

3) Now you might be on to something there about the banks.

• 1 month later...

. . . and now connections to Guangzhou

Railways linking Guangzhou with Guiyang, Nanning open
Two high-speed railways linking the southern city of Guangzhou with southwest city of Guiyang and southern city of Nanning have been put into operation today.

Travel time between Guangzhou and Guiyang has been cut from 22 hours to four. The line stretches more than 850 kilometers, and the train has a top speed of 250 kilometers an hour. It travels through the mountainous areas of Guizhou and Guangxi.

. . .

The Guangzhou-Nanning line covers 577 kilometers and shortens travel time between the two cities to about three hours. Guangxi and Guizhou are the labor pool of the Southeast China's economic areas. The two high-speed railways promote the labor flow of these places.

the Nanning line does not go through Yulin, but does stop in Guiping and Guigang.

I just was checking again. Ctrip showed nothing but I went to this other site:

http://www.chinahighlights.com/china-trains/search-result.asp

There they were showing some G trains between Nanning and Guangzhou. 1 st class was 34 dollars and 2 class was 34 dollars. It looks like it goes to Nanningdong station. Nanning East station? Wonder where that is? Also all the first class seats were sold out and looks like there is a train that leaves every hour during the day. Cool. Danb

Thanks Randy for checking. I was trying to edit my post. Not sure how I got two duplicate posts to show up. If you want please delete one post and this post but please add that I said Thanks. Thanks. Danb

"New replies Show me and edit features don't seem to be working for me at the moment.

My wife will haul ass on one, she likes it better than flying. She just bought tickets from Changzhou to Nanning for the Chinese new year. I will have to find out her route and report.

I really like the non-stop from Changzhou to Shanghai because it gets up over 300 kmh and takes 30-40 min. It takes over an hour on the milk run, and it never breaks 300.

• 6 months later...

Zheese! What could go wrong with this??

China-designed train will replace older, foreign models

http://en.people.cn/NMediaFile/2015/0701/FOREIGN201507010919000471549340184.jpg

"We will gradually replace all in-service bullet trains with this new type. The move will greatly reduce our production, operational and maintenance costs."

The trains currently running on the country's high-speed rail network have been designed and built in accordance with various foreign standards.

. . .

"The new train, with our full intellectual property rights, will facilitate our efforts to export China's railway products and technologies," said He. "Compared with other models, it is safer, more comfortable and economically competitive."

Two prototypes with an operational speed of 350 km/h and a top speed of 400 km/h will undergo a wide range of tests at the China Academy of Railway Sciences in the capital over the next two months.