Ticket prices to China

Well sir, it looks like they are playing the same game now as ago. I've posted that same observation 2 or 3 times over the years, and used it for most of my trips over. Funny thing is....I can't use it for my wife and son. Wenyan wants the ticket IN HER HAND..."NO GAME". :rotfl:

You did good Dan, and you're ready for your trip. But it does suck to watch them drop their price like that, and it's not easy sitting back and watching the website frequently as the plane fills up. But, watching how the plane fills up is the key in the waiting game. I'm not much of a gambler at all, been to Vegas 7 times and never spent a quarter on a slot, but I'd pick a price I was happy with and watch the website night after night....sort of exhilarating actually. The price would always drop, sometimes for hours, sometimes for a day or so.

Now you've got a new game you can play for the next trip.

I figure anytime I can get my tickets from Eugene to Shanghai or Beijing for around a thousand dollars it is the time to buy. So I just got tickets for late January for Shanghai for $1,110. I am flying United. Liwen has enough frequent flier miles to fly free this year and I will have enough miles for a free ticket next year. So for two of us it is only costing $550 each :)

:mobile: :happydance:

I figure anytime I can get my tickets from Eugene to Shanghai or Beijing for around a thousand dollars it is the time to buy. So I just got tickets for late January for Shanghai for $1,110. I am flying United. Liwen has enough frequent flier miles to fly free this year and I will have enough miles for a free ticket next year. So for two of us it is only costing $550 each :)

:mobile: :happydance:

I agree with the thousand dollar price point. I booked flights on United using Flychina.com. I'm flying for the holidays from Tampa to Beijing and then returning from Hong Kong to Tampa for $1,000 total US to China to US airfare.

I think flychina.com is worth a look just to see how their fares compare. This time was cheaper than booking through Kayak, Expedia, Orbitz or even United Airliines directly for me. Of course deals change over time so make it one of the places you check.

BEST FARE ALERTS - If you go to flychina's web site you can sign up to receive a weekly email alert showing best fares between any 5 city combinations you choose.for the upcoming months. If you want to check more combinations of cities I suppose you could open up a couple more free gmail, yahoo or hotmail email addresses and re-register with them to get another group of 5 city combos for each new email. They also take 5 bucks off the first fare you book with them.

I'm definitely NOT looking forward to the cold blustery winter cold weather in Beijing and in north China. I'll be happier later in the trip when we get to Hong Kong and Macau as that's closer to the warm South Florida winter weather that we have here in the Tampa Bay - Orlando area.

True Blue

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I finally bought tickets for my domestic portion of my trip to China. I used Ctrip. For a round trip ticket between Shanghai and Nanning it was 1500 RMB and that included tickets, taxes and fuel charges. I got an email confirmation and I was able to choose my seats. So I should be good to go. Lately I have a bad memory. So where do I get my tickets? I think there is some window in front of a closed of office in the Pudong airport. That is one of the things at a Chinese that can confuse me. At some of the terminals the airline's windows are not so well mark. No large unique sign telling me that I am at the Delta window. Especially at the old Nanning airport. I was never quite sure what window that I should check in at. A very utilitarian style setup I thought. How is the new terminal at Nanning airport? Has anyone been thru it yet? Danb

Hello, I finally bought tickets for my domestic portion of my trip to China. I used Ctrip. For a round trip ticket between Shanghai and Nanning it was 1500 RMB and that included tickets, taxes and fuel charges. I got an email confirmation and I was able to choose my seats. So I should be good to go. Lately I have a bad memory. So where do I get my tickets? I think there is some window in front of a closed of office in the Pudong airport. That is one of the things at a Chinese that can confuse me. At some of the terminals the airline's windows are not so well mark. No large unique sign telling me that I am at the Delta window. Especially at the old Nanning airport. I was never quite sure what window that I should check in at. A very utilitarian style setup I thought. How is the new terminal at Nanning airport? Has anyone been thru it yet? Danb

You'll get a hard-copy ticket or boarding pass when you check in