Happy Moon Festival!

Alice got a free trip to the moon. She didn't need to eat no mooncake to get there either, right Ralphy boy? :rotfl:

tsap seui

And it you don't believe it, you can ask Norton!

Tom, I am no moon cake expert except to say I don't much care for them. When I was teaching in China, I was gifted each year with enough moon cakes to feed Mao's troops during the entire Long March. Many were "re-gifted" and others sat for months in the back of the refrigerator. I discovered that after a few months festering back there, they made excellent hockey pucks.

Edited by Mick (see edit history)

Alice got a free trip to the moon. She didn't need to eat no mooncake to get there either, right Ralphy boy? :rotfl:

tsap seui

And it you don't believe it, you can ask Norton!

Tom, I am no moon cake expert except to say I don't much care for them. When I was teaching in China, I was gifted each year with enough moon cakes to feed Mao's troops during the entire Long March. Many were "re-gifted" and others sat for months in the back of the refrigerator. I discovered that after a few months festering back there, they made excellent hockey pucks.

I'm going to have to ask Xia since she is a southern belle of China if the enjoy like our southern belles do with RC Cola and Mooncakes. (Pies).

Mooncakes face lab tests, Wellcome removes products as 'gutter oil' scare spreads to Hong Kong

"It's hard to tell how much of that chemical will cause cancer," he said. "But what is also important is that gutter oil often contains metal contaminant. That can damage your nerve system even in the short-run."

In Taiwan yesterday, the Food and Drug Administration's deputy director-general, Chiang Yu-mei, said 235 companies had sold the oil to 933 food outlets, food reprocessing companies, night markets and restaurants.

I was over yonder in 2006 for the full moon in September. I kept asking lil' rabbit belle for a moonpie and an RC cola...we couldn't find them anywhere. I did see and celebrate for a full month a very brilliantly tight, vibrant, and beautiful full moon in Beijing and Fushun. Saw the one in the sky also.

I'm not a type to wait until one day of the year to celebrate a good moon...heck, I celebrate the moon everyday my lil' dahlin' is home with me...deed I do, I ain't no fool.

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)
  • Like 1