Book Suggestions

sammysensei

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to find a book that can highlight the cultural differences when pertaining to marriage. I'm American, my wife Chinese, and we moved back to the US in March. Can anyone recommend a book that speaks to the unique cultural challenges for a new marriage? Any input much appreciated!

Sorry to say that I cannot think of any one book that addresses this issue from an angle related to Chinese/American marriages. In terms of books, however, I think "The Five Languages of Love" by Gary Chapman is an excellent book that speaks of the different ways individuals express love (and expect love to be expressed) and I think it cuts across cultural barriers. I would recommend it highly. As far as issues in Chinese/American relationships, this website here has been around for almost twelve years now and it has a storehouse of wisdom in terms of those very issues. Just spend time digging around in the forums of CFL and you will find lots of info. Good luck in your research and perhaps some other member can give you a specific book like the one you are looking for.

• Like 1

While I don't know of any books on Chinese/American marriages to recommend to you, Sammy, there is a wealth of posters (writers if you will) right here on Candle that have, and are living that very life. We help each other.

tsap seui

• Like 1