The Crazy Flavor Experiments In Chinese Fast Food

This reminds me of an experience I had living in China. One of my students was from Ningbo and she returned from holiday one year and gifted me with a bag of these special cookies from her hometown. I figured something was amiss when I saw that the cookies were green. Turns out they were made from fish, which I cannot eat under any circumstance, and seaweed, which I also loathe. Yet I didn't want this girl to feel bad, nor did I want her to lose face in front of her classmates, so I choked down a couple of the cookies and remarked on how good they were. I guess that was a mistake, because every holiday break for four years she brought me back a couple of bags of Ningbo cookies.

Mick that reminds me of my ex mother in law. The first time my ex and I went to Japan to visit her family her mother made chrysanthemum greens. Wanting to be a polite guest I choked them down and said they were good. I guess I was a good actor. She kept feeding them to me the whole time I was there.

wow, I was not the only one who compliments on unsavory food to save other's face but was showered with more of the same food. I call it "disastrous blessing."

• Like 1

At least Pizza Hut in China, has at least one English speaker working at all times. If you want a pizza made like you have it here in the USA just explain the process, and you'll get something close to it. I've noticed the taste change over the years in fast food, particularly trying to fit what the masses will eat. Years ago the Big Mac was horrible, but they decided to duplicate the American version the past 2 years I have been there.

I like the spicy Chicken burgers at KFC. They are small, and we always seem to eat there when I am at the train station going home.

Many years ago, I heard a news that in the US, there was a factory raising chickens for KFC. One chick has more than three legs from a special chemicl recipes. that's why KFC from all over the world never runs out of chicken legs. I also like the spicy Chicken burgers at KFC.