Nanning Airport to Nanning transport

Hello. Does anyone know if the bus service from the airport to Nanning's center runs 24 hour a day? I am planning a surprise trip to Nanning and will probably be arriving after 1:00 in the morning. Will I have to wait until the morning to catch a bus? I was just searching on the net and seems as if the airport actually shuts down after the last flight. I have been at the airport that late but never realized that it actually shuts down. I don't want to get stuck at the ( closed) airport. any ideas? Thank you. Danb

Hello. Does anyone know if the bus service from the airport to Nanning's center runs 24 hour a day? I am planning a surprise trip to Nanning and will probably be arriving after 1:00 in the morning. Will I have to wait until the morning to catch a bus? I was just searching on the net and seems as if the airport actually shuts down after the last flight. I have been at the airport that late but never realized that it actually shuts down. I don't want to get stuck at the ( closed) airport. any ideas? Thank you. Danb

I don't know either, but the airport is pretty well out in the sticks You might find some cab drivers sticking around for an extra fare so that THEY can go home, though. I always went at reasonable hours, and had my wife pick me up. I've only been there three times - once for a customs pick-up.

I expect it'll probably open again a few hours later, if you don't mind waiting at that hour.

Maybe someone else will have a better answer for you.

Hello, 120 RMB is $19.42 USD. That is fine. I just don't want to have to pay 400-500 RMB. Usually when I get to Nanning at that time of night, the transportation arrangements have been made for us. Never really paid attention to if there was a taxi line outside the first floor where we exit the building. Also never looked back to see if the light were out on the 2nd level departure area part of the airport. I will pay more attention this time. Thank you guys. Danb

Hello, 120 RMB is $19.42 USD. That is fine. I just don't want to have to pay 400-500 RMB. Usually when I get to Nanning at that time of night, the transportation arrangements have been made for us. Never really paid attention to if there was a taxi line outside the first floor where we exit the building. Also never looked back to see if the light were out on the 2nd level departure area part of the airport. I will pay more attention this time. Thank you guys. Danb

This price is the Nanning price for a cab. If your not familiar or your gf/wife is not with you. You get socked alot higher.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just wanted to update this a bit. My flight to Nanning was routed thru Shanghai. It was the first time I had gone thru Shanghai. I arrived into Nanning in the afternoon instead of 2 in the morning. Transportation options were much better. I exited the airport on the first floor. Went to the taxi line that was right out front. It cost me 121 RMB to the center of town. I did have the bus option also. That is about a 25-30 seater. The cost is much less. I opted for the taxi. I did have the address that I wanted to go to written down on a piece of paper. Danb

Not sure how much of this info will change when they open the new airport terminal. I wonder if the subway or train will eventually make it out to the airport.