So what's next?

Visa has been approved. They said it will be sent to my wife's daughter within the next 2 weeks. They say the visa fee needs to be paid before she leaves for the USA. I'm assuming the papers they send her will have the A# and the Department of State (DOS) Case ID number so I can pay this? Immigration visa (F2A)

Also, what do we need to go through to get her green card? She needs to go back to London in November for her graduation. Just trying to plan a little ahead and see if possible or...have her wait to come to the USA after she goes through the graduation. As I understand it you have 6 months to enter the country.

As always, more questions, but greatly and deeply appreciate all the help you have all given us!

Marc

Actually you have paid for the visa, you did so when dealing with NVC.

You will be paying a green-card processing fee here: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

DOS Case # is GUZxxxxxxx or GZOxxxxxxx, A# may be noted on USCIS approval notice next to her name.

Paying that fee should have a card sent to your address on record a month or so after arrival, it should arrive in time for her trip to the UK, if not, the Visa will have an I-551 notation on it whilch makes her passport act like a green-card allowing her to travel to the UK if the card has not been received.

Thanks Dan!!

"A# may be noted on USCIS approval notice next to her name."

Is this something we'll get? I've never seen an A# on any of the documents. Wife has one, but never seen one for her daughter.

The second notice USCIS sent you about approving the I-130 and sending to NVC.

It may look like this one:

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/Immigration/I-129F-NOAs/NOA2.jpg

If not, then you will have to wait for the visa, I believe the A# will be noted on the visa.

EvHelpANumberVisa.gif

Whoa there just a second - if they decide to send her to London first, the green card will not have been activated, and may not allow travel to other countries until it is activated at a US POE. Regardless, she will need a visa to go to the UK, so that trip should work out just fine anyway. My point here, which may not be pertinent to her trip, is that she doesn't have a green card until she is processed at a POE.

Whoa there just a second - if they decide to send her to London first, the green card will not have been activated, and may not allow travel to other countries until it is activated at a US POE. Regardless, she will need a visa to go to the UK, so that trip should work out just fine anyway. My point here, which may not be pertinent to her trip, is that she doesn't have a green card until she is processed at a POE.

Yep, what are the plans?

• Come to the USA first, and then travel to London?
  • OR Travel to London, graduate, and then come to the USA?

I am assuming get visa, come to the USA, and then travel to London in November.

Thanks!

We have yet to make exact plans for when she's coming to the USA. She has a few things to finish up there in Chengdu and then she'll be coming over. Then the way it sounds...we'll all be going to England for the graduation. Which brings me to this. Does the wife need a visa? And her daughter already has a visa for England. If she comes to the USA and gets the green card, will it be a different visa? Or as I thought I read, only thing that dictates the need for a visa in England is what nationality you are.

Yes, green-card holders need a visa to visit the UK.

Daughter's existing visa for the UK should remain valid after coming to the USA and getting green-card , she would still be traveling with her passport, the green-card will allow entry to the USA after traveling to the UK.

Wife will need a visa start here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa

Thanks!

We have yet to make exact plans for when she's coming to the USA. She has a few things to finish up there in Chengdu and then she'll be coming over. Then the way it sounds...we'll all be going to England for the graduation. Which brings me to this. Does the wife need a visa? And her daughter already has a visa for England. If she comes to the USA and gets the green card, will it be a different visa? Or as I thought I read, only thing that dictates the need for a visa in England is what nationality you are.

She may use her visa to England either with or without her green card. I mentioned it only so you'll be aware than she won't actually HAVE a green card (or I-551 stamp) until she is processed at a U.S. POE.

It sounds like that is completely irrelevant to this trip - no worries as long as she enters the U.S. before the visa expires.

Daughter's existing visa for the UK should remain valid after coming to the USA and getting green-card , she would still be traveling with her passport, the green-card will allow entry to the USA after traveling to the UK.

Thanks Dan!

UK visa website is just about as bad as the one through CGI!! It's suggesting that a Chinese national green card holder in the USA needs biometrics to apply for the visa to the UK. But the links they supply does not show where we would go do that. I'm assuming Milwaukee since we're in WI.

Thanks Dan!

UK visa website is just about as bad as the one through CGI!! It's suggesting that a Chinese national green card holder in the USA needs biometrics to apply for the visa to the UK. But the links they supply does not show where we would go do that. I'm assuming Milwaukee since we're in WI.

Not sure, but I would suspect they use the same ASC locations as USCIS, I know Canada does.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

Thanks! One more question (amazing huh...it's always one more question HA)

When my wife's daughter comes to the USA, green card processing fee will of course have been paid, will she need biometrics also after she enters the USA?

Nope, The consulate did this, as well as the POE takes a fingerprint.