We were not approved for multiple reasons, please help us understand t

We submitted the application, and she received what I imagine is the blue slip (am i right?) Which states:

"Your case requires additional processing, We will contact you and inform you of our decision. You may want to contact us every few months to check your case's status via the online form available"

it says CCP with the box checked requesting explanation about her party membership affiliation.

Also, it said it has insufficient information about my (I am the american) residency in USA, and asked me to submit evidence of job search and residency in USA. (they hand wrote "job search" on to the form).

They also requested an I864-A and tax returns.

Anyway, we submitted these about 65 days ago, and I have contacted them by the "online form" several times, but every time they just say "if you haven't heard back from us within 90 days then contact us again"

What is the average wait time for people in my situation?

Is there anything I should be doing in the mean time?

Did I get the "blue slip"? how common is it and what does it really mean?

My wife is worried and doesn't understand the situation very well, I try to console her, but I don't really understand the situation well myself. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

blue.rock

It sounds like the remaining issue is the Communist Party affiliation. They will take their time with this investigation, and let you know when it is complete.

It usually takes 30 to 90 days, sometimes up to six months or even a year. Unfortunately, they provide little or no information at all about what's going on during this time.

As for the I-864, they want two things.

• Evidence of domicile either maintained, or in process of re-establishing it.
  • Evidence that you can support an immigrant after arriving in the states.
    • Established a job, then a letter from the employer indicating job type (Full/Part), yearly salary.
    • If no job, then are your assets enough to support?
    • If no job, and insufficient assets, then a joint sponsor, typically another I-864 from the joint sponsor.

We submitted the application, and she received what I imagine is the blue slip (am i right?) Which states:

"Your case requires additional processing, We will contact you and inform you of our decision. You may want to contact us every few months to check your case's status via the online form available"

it says CCP with the box checked requesting explanation about her party membership affiliation.

Also, it said it has insufficient information about my (I am the american) residency in USA, and asked me to submit evidence of job search and residency in USA. (they hand wrote "job search" on to the form).

They also requested an I864-A and tax returns.

Anyway, we submitted these about 65 days ago, and I have contacted them by the "online form" several times, but every time they just say "if you haven't heard back from us within 90 days then contact us again"

What is the average wait time for people in my situation?

Is there anything I should be doing in the mean time?

Did I get the "blue slip"? how common is it and what does it really mean?

My wife is worried and doesn't understand the situation very well, I try to console her, but I don't really understand the situation well myself. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

blue.rock

Blue, she did receive a blue slip. She has not been denied. You just need to submit what the blue slip asks for on your behalf, and you will have to await the CCP issue. I'm guessing you already were aware of CCP membership giving a delayed issue of the visa, so this is something you and she should have been prepared for.

Overall the blue slip is NOT bad news. She will get her visa. You'll just have to wait out some more time man. Randy gave you a timeline, which is really anyone's guess but it's the best that can be had, and Dan showed you in nice detail what you need to do for your end. Everything should be okay. As they say in New Zealand...."keep yer pecker up, mate, she'll be right."

tsap seui

Sorry to hear of the delay in your application, but this seems to be a fairly cut and dry situation. Whether or not they are being fair is another issue, but the most pressing thing is simply this: give them what they are asking for. As others have said, the Communist Party thingie will take time. There seems to be no way around it. They also want to know if you have a stateside job or are looking for one and info regarding your residency. Are you currently living in China? If so, they probably are wanting to see what your living and work arrangements will be upon your return.