YEHAAAA!!!!

As all of you know, it's been a long and stressful road for us to get my wife's daughter her visa. Had the K2 but because of our attorney's misrepresentation, that opportunity was lost. So went through the whole Immigration visa deal. The Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) did come into play, which I was betting there was no way as so many people said it wouldn't, and they gave her the visa!!!! Said because of the problems with the crash of their system it would be sent to her in about 2 weeks. So persistance and hope and prayer does help, even though at some times we've been wanting to just throw up our arms in defeat.

Just wanted to thank everyone on here that put up with all my questions. You all for sure helped a ton and we "THANK YOU!" for that.

To finish up, all I can say is that if you're presistant and keep at it, even though it seems the system is flawed with huge delays and problems, it is possible for good things to come out of all of it if you hang in there.

Have a great day and GOD BLESS!!

Rosie, Ashley and Marc

YEHAAAA!!!!

As all of you know, it's been a long and stressful road for us to get my wife's daughter her visa. Had the K2 but because of our attorney's misrepresentation, that opportunity was lost. So went through the whole Immigration visa deal. The Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) did come into play, which I was betting there was no way as so many people said it wouldn't, and they gave her the visa!!!! Said because of the problems with the crash of their system it would be sent to her in about 2 weeks. So persistance and hope and prayer does help, even though at some times we've been wanting to just throw up our arms in defeat.

Just wanted to thank everyone on here that put up with all my questions. You all for sure helped a ton and we "THANK YOU!" for that.

To finish up, all I can say is that if you're presistant and keep at it, even though it seems the system is flawed with huge delays and problems, it is possible for good things to come out of all of it if you hang in there.

Have a great day and GOD BLESS!!

Rosie, Ashley and Marc

The Child Status Protection Act specifically targets I-130 petitions - it does NOT apply to K-2's. She is NOT a K-2, since as you say, that opportunity was lost. In fact, in the past, they have used the CSPA AGAINST K-2's (as they did our own), claiming that K-2's were specifically excluded from it.

But, what's called for here is a big

Congratulations!

gallery_1846_733_3147.gif

Congratulations !!

gallery_1846_733_128695.gif

Marc - this is the latest from the Dept fo State on their computer problems - check at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english.html for updates

The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs continues to make progress restoring our nonimmigrant visa system to full functionality. Over the weekend, the Department of State implemented system changes aimed at optimizing performance and addressing the challenges we have faced. We are now testing our system capacity to ensure stability. Processing of immigrant visas cases, including adoptions, remains a high priority. Some Embassies and Consulates may temporarily limit or reschedule nonimmigrant visa interview appointments until more system resources become available to process these new applications. We sincerely regret the inconvenience to travelers, and are committed to resolving the problem as soon as possible. Additional updates will be posted to travel.state.gov as more information becomes available.

Congrats, never doubted it, the interview typically is a formality.

Daughter is entitled the visa not much they can deny it for.

Yes I can remember the lawyer saying it would be OK for daughter to leave the country after using the K2 and not adjusting status first, that lawyer was an idiot and needed to be fired and possibly sued over that.

Thanks everyone! When I went in to ceac and was checking on the visa process, it would always say it was in "Administrative Processing". Today I went in and it said "ISSUED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can understand how much stress was lifted off ourt shoulders when we saw this.

• Like 1