honey do list

Well I trucked down to home depot today and came back 300 dollars poorer. For those of you who don't remember, it all started a few months ago when I decided the floors in the house needed some work before my blushing bride arrives. The carpet was worn and stained and the linolium in the kitchen was shot. Being the considerate guy that I am I wanted Bing to feel like it is her house too and help me pick out the floor in the kitchen. I went down to home depot armed with my digital camera and proceded to take photos of all the linolium, vinyl tile and ceramic tile. I assumed she would approve of a linolium and I could knock out the job on a day off. One pattern after another of linolium I heard the same phrase. "no like!" I started in on the vinyl tile and again one after another "no like". Then the ceramic tile, a few no likes until I hit on this one color that she really liked. Now by this time I was really regreting even throwing the ceramic tile in there as an option so I tried to steer her back towards a few more vinyl tiles I hadn't shown her yet. I was cut off at the knees with a very emphatic "no like vinyl!" Now one would think that I would learn from this right? No way. As a last ditch effort to avoid laying ceramic tile I decided to show her what cork flooring looks like. She absolutely loves it......... For the bedroom. Well now i am on vacation for a few more days and I bought concrete piers and a pressure treated beam to shore up the kitchen floor, 150 dollars worth of tile, floor leveling compound, hardy board, thin set mortar and grout. Sigh. From now on I'm keeping my mouth shut lol.

Don,

Actually, a regular tile cutter (score and snap) can work with ceramic tiles although diagonals can be difficult.

In my first house, I took 8" tiles, cut them all down to 4" (I liked the heavier look of the eights cut down. Then, I mounted them on a wall behind the wood stove on a diagonal. It turned out very nice. All done by scoring and snapping.

I did just buy a new tile saw for my granite that I am playing with. It cuts the tiels like butter!!!

----- Clifford ------