Approved. What's the next step?

Hi, Everyone,

My wife and daughter attended the interview for their CR-1 & IR-2 cases last week. They were told the cases were approved and given a white sheet.

I checked the CEAC site, their cases status are "Issued". We had entered the visa delivery information on the CGI stanley site (ustraveldocs.com). How will we be notified when the passports are ready for pick up? Via a phone call or email?

We are waiting for the receiving of the passport so we can book the airline tickets.

In addition, I know we need to pay the "immigration fee" before enter the US. I presume they will provide the details with the passport and visa when we receive them?

The last question, our two years marriage anniversary is almost there. In order to receive the IR1 status instead of the CR-1 visa she was issued, can my wife enter the US on the anniversary day to meet the two years marriage requirement or she needs to arrive a day later than the anniversary to meet the requirement?

Thanks in advance!

Bill

I believe the bank location will phone the beneficiary when the package is ready to be picked up.

Immigrant fee for each green-card is paid here: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee You should be able to pay this fee at this time if you have GUZ# and A# for immigrants, A# may be indicated on the USCIS NOA2 Approval letter for the petitions.

I would recommend a day after 2 years of marriage, so that the green-card issuance date would be AFTER two years of marriage. If the Visa is CR-1 and CR-2, upon arrival in the states, present marriage certificate to the POE officer, and they should classify the immigrants as IR-1 and IR-2 so that they get the 10 year non-conditional status. I have seen cases where the 2 year card arrives, if this happens schedule an infopass appointment to your field office, bring the card, and marriage cert, showing residency status happened after 2 years of marriage, and USCIS should correct this.