Well it's time to renew my visa to China.

I always use Oasis China Visa for my visa's

Though there web site has changed and now you can fill out the Q1 form (Visa application form) online.

(You can also download the PDF version of the Q1 if you like)

Most of the instructions are straight forward but there is one requirement that has me puzzled.

Additional information

The validities of the tourist/family visit visas are usually for 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months; if the applicant is U.S citizen, it is recommended to apply for the 12 month's Multiple Entry tourist visa, because the required documents are the same regardless.

For the stay of durations, it’s normally 30 days; however, the visa office also may grand it for 60 days; If you wish to request 24 month multiple entry visiting visa with longer stay of durations, you must be qualified with one of the followings:

• If you were born in China; including mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
  • If you are under 18 years old, your parent(s) are still holding valid Chinese passport, and residing in the U.S with a valid U.S green card. A notarized copy of the parent's valid Chinese passport and US green card, plus child's original birth certificate must be also provided in order to get the 24 months visiting visa.
  • If you have a Chinese citizenship spouse, you can provide a copy of your marriage certificate, and a notarized copy of your husband/wife’s valid Chinese passport

For me this is not a problem for as we all know my wife is here in the states for 8 years now. (Note highlight in red above)

The problem i see is for my friend ( His wife is still in China) and getting a notarized copy of her passport would be almost impossible seeing she has it in China.

The copy of his marriage certificate is no problem.

Any ideas how to overcome this issue?

Try dealing with the consulate directly, or going to a different visa agency - a Chinese resident won't have a valid U.S. entry stamp, or even a passport in many cases.

I doubt it's something that the consulate would require, except possibly from a U.S. resident to prove legal presence.

Typically if trying to get a 2 year multi entry visa with longer stays, the additional evidence showing ties to China is needed, if just going for a 1 year multi visa with 30 to 60 day stays, this evidence tends to not be needed.

Typically if trying to get a 2 year multi entry visa with longer stays, the additional evidence showing ties to China is needed, if just going for a 1 year multi visa with 30 to 60 day stays, this evidence tends to not be needed.

I always go for the 2 year multi entry visa with longer stays.

As we all know my wife is here and has a Chinese passport.

Getting her passport notorized (per oasis china visa instructions) is not a problem for me.

The problem we have is for my buddy.

This will be the second time around for him getting a Chinese visa and would like to get the

2 year multi entry visa with longer stays.

His wife is still in China and he has no way of getting a notorized copy.

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

Is the same as when a person gets this fir an ITIN did he get a certified copy of passport for ITIN when doing taxes.

Another option would be fro her to express mail passport over to states, and have husband make a couple certified copies of bio page from passport, and then express mail the passport back to her.

Is the same as when a person gets this fir an ITIN did he get a certified copy of passport for ITIN when doing taxes.

Another option would be fro her to express mail passport over to states, and have husband make a couple certified copies of bio page from passport, and then express mail the passport back to her.

Bingo!! I forgot all about the ITIN.

Yes he did get certified copy of passport for ITIN and i have it at home with the rest

of his I-130 paperwork.

It seams as problem solved.

Thanks Dan

I had my wife send me her passport in the mail, all went okay, MIke. I just carried it back with me on my next trip to see her.

Also, I had something like 9 affirmation letters from friends oin China and in America. I didn't get any of them notarized. In China we made copies of their letters with a photo of both sides of their ID cards, as well as their phone numbers, copied on their letters.

Good luck man.

tsap seui

I had my wife send me her passport in the mail, all went okay, MIke. I just carried it back with me on my next trip to see her.

Also, I had something like 9 affirmation letters from friends oin China and in America. I didn't get any of them notarized. In China we made copies of their letters with a photo of both sides of their ID cards, as well as their phone numbers, copied on their letters.

Good luck man.

tsap seui

Hey buddy, Whats Up?

Yes, This is what i did many years ago.

I had my wife send me her passport and i brought it back with me on my next trip.

BUT!!! In Ohio i had a major problem getting it notarized for my wife was not present at the time.

The bank said NO!! way.

I had to beg and plead with them to get it done and to explain the problem.

(As far as the bank knows i stole this passport) I'm not going down that road again.

I got lucky back then, Not going to try again.

I/We have a True copy of her passport from Chengdu for his ITIN and this worked for his/her taxes this year.

Fingers crossed.

I-130 packet should be sent out this week and god forbid?

This time next year, I should be posting some news.

Good or bad.

My friend, We both know all to well about the road we travel down.

May it be today! or in the past, It's still a tough road that can't be won in a day.

Improvise - do what ever you have to do to get where you need to be

Adapt - To your surroundings.

Overcome - Learn to deal with failure and move on.

I'm sure you understand this my friend.

Mike

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)