Have spoken to NVC 4 times now. They say to go to ustraveldocs.com, login and then go to APPLICANT PROFILE and go through Step 3 to Step 7. I'm trying to set up the passport pickup location for my wife's daughter's passport/visa after the interview. Any help? Tired of calling NVC as they just tell me the same thing each time. When I go in here it doesn't say APPLICANT PROFILE anyplace!!

From the ustraveldocs.com site - "We have online resources on this site to answer all your visa questions. Once you determine your visa type, you can access all visa services online."

There are buttons labeled "Immigrant visa" and "Create account". You (as proxy for the beneficiary) are applying for an Immigrant visa.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp

When an immigrant visa petition is approved and the applicant’s case is ready to be scheduled for an interview, beneficiaries will be contacted by the U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou with further instructions on how to schedule an appointment through our authorized partner, CGI Stanley. If the Consulate has not notified you that your case is ready to be scheduled, you will not be able to access this function through CGI Stanley.

We've already created an account. Already received the interview letter from NVC giving us our interview date. Never got anything from the US Consulate in GUZ stating we had an interview. When I talked with NVC about this they said it was OK because they are the same. Who would you figure I need to call? GUZ or NVC. I also read that the medical exam results would be handed to her daughter the day of the exam and then she could take them to the interview. On one pop up it says they want you to have the exam 2 weeks before the interview?? She lives in Chengdu...the exam has to be done in Guangzhou. That would mean 2 flights to GUZ? Sorry for the questions.

They are suggesting getting it done a couple weeks before interview, however it is not a requirement, the medical can be done a couple days before the interview. Just arrive in Guangzhou a couple days before the interview and get it done then.

In my wife's case we had to get it done the day before interview due to the medical centers being closed during spring festival.

If the letter gives a date and time for interview, then you are set, as for call, the consulate tends to prefer you using this webpage to make inquiries. http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

Thanks!

I guess my only concern/problem then is I can't go in anyplace on the web page...that I can figure out or it will let me...to designate where we want the passport/visa sent (to CITIC in Chengdu) after the interview. According to the quote..."If the Consulate has not notified you that your case is ready to be scheduled, you will not be able to access this function through CGI Stanley." The consulate never notified us, NVC notified us. But NVC says they are the same and you would have thought that if the interview letter had been sent with an appointment date set, they would have had to speak with GUZ to set that date.

I just sent an email to GUZ consulate asking them to give me a clue. After I sent the email a page comes up and says this...."If you have not yet had your visa interview, please follow the instructions we sent to you to schedule your interview. Do NOT try to schedule an interview appointment until you have been contacted directly by the U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou and instructed to do so." They never contacted us. NVC did. It will be interesting to see what their response is. I saw where someone else posted on this site and was having this same issue.

Edited by MarcRosie (see edit history)

Sorry...question. I see where there's a USCIS Immigrant Fee of $165. I don't think I've paid this. Went through the DS-260 and paid all of that. But this one seems like a 'new' one?

The USCIS immigrant fee is a green card production fee - fairly recent, but I believe from 2 or 3 years ago.

The fee must be paid before the green card will be issued - it may be paid at any time, including after arrival in the U.S., although this would delay the green card.

Typically you will pay this fee after visa interview and before traveling to the USA.

Fortunately CGI Stanley has nothing to do with this.

So how 'government' is this!! We have a letter from NVC that designated my wife's daughters interview time. We tried to set up the pick up for her passport/visa after the interview. Could not. So I sent an email to GUZ to see if they could shed some light on why. Here's their response.

"We have received your case from the National Visa Center and it is currently undergoing pre-interview processing. As soon as the pre-interview processing is complete, we will contact you with detailed instructions on scheduling an interview through the visa application service website http://ustraveldocs.com, which is maintained by our authorized partner."

Sooooo...I'm assuming, which is all a person can do, that the interview date NVC gave us is not going to be legit!? If we have to choose one, which is what they're telling us, I would sure think that this date will already be taken by the time GUZ gives us 'detailed instructions'.

Has anyone else had situations come up like this or are we just lucky. :ranting:

So how 'government' is this!! We have a letter from NVC that designated my wife's daughters interview time. We tried to set up the pick up for her passport/visa after the interview. Could not. So I sent an email to GUZ to see if they could shed some light on why. Here's their response.

"We have received your case from the National Visa Center and it is currently undergoing pre-interview processing. As soon as the pre-interview processing is complete, we will contact you with detailed instructions on scheduling an interview through the visa application service website http://ustraveldocs.com, which is maintained by our authorized partner."

Sooooo...I'm assuming, which is all a person can do, that the interview date NVC gave us is not going to be legit!? If we have to choose one, which is what they're telling us, I would sure think that this date will already be taken by the time GUZ gives us 'detailed instructions'.

Has anyone else had situations come up like this or are we just lucky. :ranting:

Simply have her go to the interview at the designated time - follow ALL instructions that you receive.

This appears to simply be a generic canned response.

What did the USTraveldocs.com people tell you about setting up a pick-up location? What have others experienced after their interview was scheduled by NVC?

Simply have her go to the interview at the designated time - follow ALL instructions that you receive.

What did the USTraveldocs.com people tell you about setting up a pick-up location? What have others experienced after their interview was scheduled by NVC?

I haven't called the ustraveldocs people, except to call NVC. They always tell me to go to that web site and simply fill in Step 3 - Step 7...which is nowhere to be found! I can't access it because...it's not there for me to see.

I haven't called the ustraveldocs people, except to call NVC. They always tell me to go to that web site and simply fill in Step 3 - Step 7...which is nowhere to be found! I can't access it because...it's not there for me to see.

I think it'll become obvious what happens there soon enough, once the "pre-interview processing" is complete, or even at the interview itself. Perhaps Dan, or another NVC graduate can help you there.

But my advice is - plan on sticking to that interview date that you already have.

I think it'll become obvious what happens there soon enough, once the "pre-interview processing" is complete, or even at the interview itself. Perhaps Dan, or another NVC graduate can help you there.

But my advice is - plan on sticking to that interview date that you already have.

Sorry but ya lost me (sometimes easy to do with this process). What do you mean it'll become obvious what happens here soon?

We'll stick with the P4 they sent us stating our interview date, but it still will not allow us to set up the pickup location through ustraveldocs.com. Once they get done with the "pre-interviewing process" will that option become live on the web site and allow us to do this? I try calling NVC and all they say is to complete Step 3 - Step 7, but it never allows us to go anyplace to do such a thing.

Edited by MarcRosie (see edit history)

Sorry but ya lost me (sometimes easy to do with this process). What do you mean it'll become obvious what happens here soon?

We'll stick with the P4 they sent us stating our interview date, but it still will not allow us to set up the pickup location through ustraveldocs.com. Once they get done with the "pre-interviewing process" will that option become live on the web site and allow us to do this? I try calling NVC and all they say is to complete Step 3 - Step 7, but it never allows us to go anyplace to do such a thing.

Just that it's NOT always obvious (and in fact, often obscured) what WILL happen. By the time she turns over her passport, I expect she'll know where to pick it up. Others haven't reported any issues there - perhaps someone can fill you in on that detail.

The NVC is out of the picture now that it's at the consulate