Typically they will process and schedule interview for the field office that has jurisdiction over your place of residence, best to be prepared to go there when they schedule the interview, it is not something you have a choice in.

Also be careful if you decide to reschedule, I have read a couple times where they say the interview was rescheduled, however the appointment list is not changed for the interviewing officer, and they note a no show when the prior appointment time happens. Best to avoid rescheduling an interview.

I agree completely with what Dan just said about avoiding the reschedule if possible. The scenario that Dan described, where the interview was rescheduled but the appointment list not changed for the interviewing officer, happened to a good friend of mine. It created a significant delay in the process for them. I would try to avoid the reschedule if at all possible. In terms of getting it moved, chances are they will give her the test and the interview in the location that services the area where you live. Yet also be advised that the swearing in might take place at a different time and at a different location. For example, my wife was interviewed and tested in Memphis (almost five hours from our home) and sworn in at Knoxville (about four hours to four and a half hours). The swearing in took place around six weeks after the interview and test. There are cases, however, that have the interview, test, and swearing in on the same day at the same location. It seems to vary.

We were more fortunate than Mick, our field office is in Buffalo NY about an hour from home, we had to trek there 4 times during the course of my wife's immigration journey, 3 times for fingerprints, and once for naturalization interview. My wife's swearing in was at our county courthouse in Rochester NY, about 20 min from home.

We live in Southeast Texas and we will be in California so should we come back of the interview and for the ceremony?

I hate to state the obvious here, but she will need to be present for the interview, no matter where it is scheduled. The ceremony is optional (unless that's where the "swearing in" takes place).

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/46921-citizenship/?p=613408

Again it depends on location, many do the interview and civics tests in the AM, and the "ceremony" Oath Swearing in the afternoon and the same office, others as in my wife's case do the interview and civics test one day, and the oath a few weeks later in a mass ceremony.

Here is a good FAQ on this: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/article/chapter3.pdf (Questions 16 through 20 are of interest)

Naturalization FAQ.pdf