Questions about I-130 IR-1/IR-2

Next step would be the Visa application fee and the I-864 processing fee charged by NVC after USCIS approves the I-130 and sends it to NVC.

Processing times lately for I-130 to approval seems to be 6 - 7 months NOA1 to NOA2

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=1&op1=i&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op66=All&op7=China&dfile=No&adv=

Well maybe I'm wrong and not reading the email correctly we just received today?

Receipt Number: EAC149xxxxxxxx

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On September 11, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

also received one for step son.

Could this be the NOA2?

If so this has to be a record for approval from NOA1 to NOA2 (36 Days)

Sounds like an approval. I think my wife's I-129F was a record back when I did it, it was less than 30 days.

Anyway, wait a week or so, and then contact NVC using the EAC# along with Name and DOB of benificiary, they should give you the GUZ numbers. At that point have your friend's spouse do a DS-261 on line, and then proceed on with electronic processing at NVC.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/contact.html

Make sure you follow the steps regarding sending I-864 and documents via email, not snail-mail this should trigger electronic processing.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

Thanks Dan.

Though this is good news and a bit surprising.

From here, What kink of time line are we looking at now?

Thanks Dan.

USCIS to NVC 1 - 2 weeks.

NVC processing perhaps 1 - 2 months.

GUZ processing perhaps a month after that to an interview.

Post GUZ interview processing 1-2 weeks unless there is a snag like CCP then AP 4-5 months sometimes longer.

Ok This is just going to fast for some reason.

Bob just called me and said he received the hard copy of the NOA2 in the mail today.

So all with in one day (Today) we received email of approval of I-130 and snail mail of I-130 approval.

Now for some reason that i did not know of.

Bob tells me that he sent 3 letters to his congressman (I say WTF you do that for!!) i have no idea if this helped

or hurt there case.

I told him NEVER do that again!

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Dan.

USCIS to NVC 1 - 2 weeks.

NVC processing perhaps 1 - 2 months.

GUZ processing perhaps a month after that to an interview.

Post GUZ interview processing 1-2 weeks unless there is a snag like CCP then AP 4-5 months sometimes longer.

Sounds like an approval. I think my wife's I-129F was a record back when I did it, it was less than 30 days.

Anyway, wait a week or so, and then contact NVC using the EAC# along with Name and DOB of benificiary, they should give you the GUZ numbers. At that point have your friend's spouse do a DS-261 on line, and then proceed on with electronic processing at NVC.

http://travel.state....ed/contact.html

Make sure you follow the steps regarding sending I-864 and documents via email, not snail-mail this should trigger electronic processing.

http://travel.state...._documents.html

Well just a update:

Bob arrived in Chongqing on 9-28-14 and as of 9-27-14 no letter from NVC.

Though Bob has been in China for a week now I'm almost sure there is mail waiting at his house from NVC.

I would like to get this ball rolling again while he is in china.

What is the best way to contact NVC.

Phone call? or Email?

Call them with USCIS petition number and name and dob of petitioner and benificiary.

Sorry Dan I'm a little confused and don't understand.

I do understand that the EAC# for each is needed.

But do i give them Bob's name or his wife and step sons name?

Call them with USCIS petition number and name and dob of petitioner and benificiary.

Yes, this tends to verify the petitioner to NVC.

They will then let you know it is OK to start the next steps, starting with doing the DS-261 to choose agent, then paying AOS and Visa fees, followed by DS-260.

I believe they can designate you to act as Agent for the NVC stage.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/contact.html

Yes, this tends to verify the petitioner to NVC.

They will then let you know it is OK to start the next steps, starting with doing the DS-261 to choose agent, then paying AOS and Visa fees, followed by DS-260.

I believe they can designate you to act as Agent for the NVC stage.

OK here is the new UPDATE:

Just received a email from NVC with instruction for the next step (DS-261) For both wife and step son.

I login to the link provided in email (Same link above) i enter GUZ number and invoice number.

It also asks for (I am the) (Applicant,Attorney,Petitioner,Third-Party Agent.

The question is WHAT? should i chose?

Either petitioner, or third party.

If petitioner then use buddy's name, third party would be your name

OK, All email Bob gets is automatically forwarded to me.

If i use my name would that raise a red flag? (Seeing my name is already in the GUZ system)

If using Bobs name any and all email would be forwarded to me anyhow from now to interview.

So maybe it might be best to use petitioner name?????

• Like 1

Either petitioner, or third party.

If petitioner then use buddy's name, third party would be your name

OK, All email Bob gets is automatically forwarded to me.

If i use my name would that raise a red flag? (Seeing my name is already in the GUZ system)

If using Bobs name any and all email would be forwarded to me anyhow from now to interview.

So maybe it might be best to use petitioner name?????

YOU are a third-party agent. HE is the petitioner. Who is filling out the form?

That being said, there's nothing wrong with you helping him out in that way. Your choice.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Just Completed the DS-261 online for wife and stepson.

Though i did notice the visa class.

CR1 - wife.

CR2 - stepson.

Maybe I'm wrong but shouldn't this be.

IR1 - wife.

IR2 - stepson.

Or will this change latter?

Edit: Just looked at marriage certificate and marriage took place on 05-09-2013

I figured when this is all said and done, The two year mark will have passed?

Class would be IR if married longer than 2 years prior to visa application, if interview takes place after 2 years of marriage, the visa gets coded IR if not then CR If POE after 2 years the green card should be IR.

Class would be IR if married longer than 2 years prior to visa application, if interview takes place after 2 years of marriage, the visa gets coded IR if not then CR If POE after 2 years the green card should be IR.

well this was the general plan only for the fact that we figured it would take 4-5 ( or more) months to get there I-130 approved.

We all know this is not the case for it only took 36 days( NOA1 to NOA2) for I-130 to be approved and sent to NVC.

DS-261 completed today.

I believe the visa should be valid up to 6 months after issuance, so try using them after 2 years of marriage, the resulting Green-card should be a 10 year permanent card.

Worse case if used visa after two years and the green-card is a 2 year card, then do an infopass bring passport showing entry stamp, marriage cert, and green-card to the infopass appointment, and USCIS should correct it.

Note: Have an extra "White Book" marriage cert to bring to the states for any future uses.

Ref: http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/47247-enters-usa-after-2-year-wedding-anniversary-officer-still-isues-cr/