Funny Stereotype Chines & American speaks English

Will Ferrell couldn't make me laugh, probably will never.

This guy did. His dad is a Chinese American, mom American. Went to elementary and middle school in Beijing, then went back to US.Now becoming popular in China and showed up in movies.

Generally, I think Chinese are way too serious, no sense of humor, including me :(

Edited by Joecy (see edit history)

My Chinese wife and her family are very funny, always looking for the lighter side of life and events. In our early days that was the largest draw to me about Wenyan...her extreme and wide ranging sense of humor. I clearly remember my second day in China, after a good nights sleep from the 14 hour flight. We were getting ready to go eat breakfast and even though we had to use a pocket translator and hand signs, I became aware of how hilarious this lady's sense of humor was. That, more than looks was what won me over in the ensuing months.

As well, only having met a few Chinese, maybe 50 or so in my travels to China, and the few CHinese women I have met through my wife in America, they all seemed ready to find a topic to laugh about. Don't sell yourself short, my guess is you have a good sense of humor also.

I can see Will Ferrell not being funny to you. He has a lot of visual antics, but his use of American accents, hidden AMerican slang and attitudes is what makes him so funny. You'd almost have to be born here or have lived a long time here to "get" his real comedic relief.

That "Mercian" thing. For years I have sometimes used the word "Murican" in my hillbilly accent and way of writing...something like..."Imma flag wavin' gal'dang Murican, I tell ya. Don't be steppin' on my blue suede Murican shoes or bad mouthin' my Murica."

NO... :rotfl: I don't expect you to laugh at that. :victory: A coupla other fellas here, cuzin' Chawls from Atlanta, and Mick have used that word Murican too, when we get to writing in hillbilly redneck tawk.

tsap seui