"The National Visa Center has received all documentation necessary to complete pre-processing
of your case. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner
and attorney (if applicable) will be notified."

My wife's daughter is waiting for the interview at GZ for her visa. Anyone know how long we might expect to wait before they give us the interview date? They sent the above on 5/9/2014

Thanks!

From what I see if you opted in and got a GZO case number, the time from NVC complete to consulate contacting with further instructions tends to be a couple weeks, to a month or so.

The consulate should contact beneficiary and instruct them to this site to schedule interview. http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/index.html You can visit this page now and create an account there and see if an interview can be scheduled.

More: http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/46792-ceac-says-ready-but-no-emails-received-from-guz/

• 2 weeks later...

We got the letter giving us the interview date. My question. My wife would like to go to Guangzhou with her daughter for the interview just to travel with her, not actually go to the interview of course. Wife comes back to USA July 20th. Interview is July 29th. Can the interview date be rescheduled to a date that works for both of them to go? Thanks!

Typically if you reschedule, it will be for a later date, not an earlier one, which tend to be already booked by others.

Other option see if airline would reschedule return trip to a date after the 29th

Thanks Dan. Problem is that the wife has been caring for her elderly parents (87 and 78) and stayed as long as she can (a little less than 6 months thus the 20th coming back) before they might question her being gone longer. So we don't want to wory about that. Another question pertaining to the visa for her daughter. She's over 21 now but her age was frozen at 20 (CSPA and spoke with USCIS/NVC and they said it was frozen) and the visa proceedings has taken forever on the governments end. She's F2A and her Priority date is December 6, 2011. Unmarried. I know this is a tough one, but when could we possibly be looking at her getting a visa? She wants to attend design college here but if it's going to take 8 years, other plans need to be made.

Seriously, I don't know why this government makes it so hard for legitimate family members to come to this country. Or why when an attorney, who professes to be a seasoned immigration attorney makes a mistake that causes someone to have to go through additional years of waiting and wondering because they gave the wrong advice (K2 fiasco), can't be looked at and allowed to come over. Only mistake we made was...believing the attorney.

Sorry. Had to vent a little.

Have a nice day!

• Like 1

A couple things,

Wife would have a legitimate reason if questioned at POE regarding a stay between 6 months and a year, she wanted to be in Guangzhou for her daughter's visa interview, and perhaps travel with daughter when she has visa. Stays out of the USA without a travel doc longer than 1 year is the problem. The down side of longer than 6 months out of the USA would be when she can apply for Citizenship, this would be pushed back to at least 3 years after returning from a trip abroad longer than 6 months.

Typically post interview processing is a week or so, so if she is approved, and no additional processing is needed should see the immigration packet and visa ready to pick up at the chosen pick up location about a week or two after interview.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the interview letter and just going to work with the date. But just to clarify, I'm assuming that every document we scanned and sent to GUZ Electronic we need to have her daughter take the original to the interview?

"Please note that even though you may have provided the NVC with a copy of a document, you are

still required to bring the original document to the visa interview."